Boston - Club Quarters or Hotel Marlowe?

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston - Club Quarters or Hotel Marlowe?

My fiance and I are going to Boston for the weekend, he'll be working and I'll be visiting friends and hanging out. We need a hotel around $120 a night with free internet access. One option is the Club Quarters Downtown, which we've stayed in before. The Club Quarters is well located to transportation and perfectly servicable for a stay. The Hotel Marlowe is in Cambridge, next to the Galleria Mall and the Royal Sonesta, which we've also stayed in. The Marlowe looks a lot more luxurious but I'm concerned that I should choose the CQ since it's freezing cold outside and a shorter walk to the T. So I guess it comes down to location vs. amenities. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Meg
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Wanted to add another contender, the Hotel @ MIT. Very cheap rate, very luxe and seems more convenient than the Marlowe. Any feedback on these three hotels?

Also wanted to add that location is only a factor for me needing to be close to the T, my boyfriend is working out in the suburbs and has a car.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:25 AM

Hi Meg -

If you decide to stay in Cambridge, would you post a report on the hotel? I am looking at some of the same places for a January weekend.

BTW, Royal Sonesta has a package of $129 including parking and breakfast. Did you find the rates much cheaper elsewhere? And does the Royal Sonesta shuttle service leave a lot to be desired?

Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:40 AM

The Marriot in Charlestown is offering $119/ night for a suite. I like the location since it is close to Fanueil Hall and the North End.
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your responses, I'm posting from my awesome room at the Hotel @ MIT. Our room is huge, with great views of MIT and Cambridge, lots of niceties like bathrobes and Aveda products. Internet access is free in the rooms and there is also a few terminals in the lobby if you want to check your email and you don't have a laptop. Decided that the Royal Sonesta is really not a great location if it's cold or snowing, it's a 10-15 minute walk to the T. Didn't take the shuttle, so I can't offer an opinion of that. I'd love to stay at the Marlowe, but this is much more convenient. But the Hotel @ MIT is four blocks from the Central Square stop and has a ton of great restaurants nearby. I had a quick Mexican meal last night, running late to the theater, but hope to check out Centro or Central Kitchen tonight. Had brunch today at Sidney's Grill, it's good but a little pricey and I've heard it's not worth the money for dinner. Didn't find that rate at the Marriott, but I'm very happy with this hotel.

Deciding whether or not to brave the snowstorm to go wander Harvard Square now! Thanks again for your help!