Blagojevich - first impeached Illinois Gov

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a scum - did he actually thought that by showing up yesterday the votes would change?

I hope the Feds get to keep him for about 20 years.

Non-partisan voting/ 59-0 to impeach.

The ONLY Illinois gov ever to be impeached.

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

where are all the "usual suspects"?

or Dem leaders are exempt from criticism....???

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:57 PM

Why would the dems make any comment on this. If B was a rep, they would be gloating and piling on and... Expected.

No room for intellectual honesty in the partisan world.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM

This Dem has been railing against him since the first time he ran for office. Good riddens.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM

"No room for intellectual honesty in the partisan world." I assume you are speaking of the unGrand Old Party and I do agree with you 100 percent. They offer no honesty of any kind.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
JJ5

Allright, Vittrad. You are one of those strong Dems who didn't vote for him. Good for you.

High five you on that one.

Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM

But not the first that has brushed with jail. Remember Repub governor Taft, he escaped jail by the skin of his teeth. Why he wasn't impeached is a mystery
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Jen

I have to say, I'm about as much of a democratic liberal as I could be, and I never liked or voted for the guy either. Met him once when he was campaigning the first time.. he was handing out sponges with his name on them ('cause he was going to clean up Illinois politics!!).
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Jen

...make that liberal democrat. I need some sleep.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
JJ5

Taft was from Ohio, not IL.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Blago was the first governor ever impeached. But he was the first governor impeached in IL. And also the first arrested while in office.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM

I think I read that 12 have been impeached over the years and of those 7 were convicted and removed and 1 resigned while the rest were acquitted. Blago is in that count of 7.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM

jj5 you are right I was thinking of Ryan from IL. He's still in the clink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ryan
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
JJ5

Ryan was not impeached.

He was found guilty of taking kick-backs through the motor vehicle division's accepting of money /bribes for people to obtain commercial truck driving licenses, instead of taking the tests that are required. Most knew no English.

He was indicted and convicted after the fact of leaving the office- quick a while afterwards.

He is old and sick and has been in jail sometime. They moved him from WI to IN.

Most politicos expected him to be pardoned in the last days of George W. He was not.

If he had been a Democrat, as sure as I'm sitting here- he would have been. In fact, he would never have served more than about 5 or 6 months.

I'm not saying he should be home, either. But I am saying that those 4 roles/jobs I mentioned in the other thread with specific names. All of those have committed worse and are still as I type putting new offices together and installing granite counter tops for desks with $1000's and $1000 of the taxpaper's money. Right now. While also cutting the hospital personnel at every level, educational after school programs, and streets and sans.- civil servants down at the very same time. (They have to take 3 days off without pay on occasion, as well- the ones who are left.)

Never has it been so blatant the "do as I say, not as I do". Or the hypocritical waste and entitlements of office.

Daley won't even tell the people or the Senate what projects ARE "shovel-ready" because he says he wants "No discussion." Nice, huh!

All except for Pat Quinn. He is very frugal. He refused to take a business class seat and went by coach, just this week.

He plays on their playground, but his role modeling has always been different. He also lives/lived where the average citizen did, until he was lieu. gov.

IL is ILL. No it has been ILL for some time, but right now it is corruptly morbid- like gangrene has set in.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Maybe it should be ILL
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM

"Most politicos expected him to be pardoned in the last days of George W. He was not. If he had been a Democrat, as sure as I'm sitting here- he would have been."

If George Ryan had been a Democrat, George W. Bush would have pardoned him? Go figure.

So why is Edwin Edwards still in prison?
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:28 AM
JJ5

Oh no, you misunderstand me, jahoulih. If Ryan had been a Democrat, he would never be in jail at length to begin with- and if there HAD been a Dem leaving the Presidential office he would have been pardoned. Clinton pardoned far, far worse than George Ryan. Some with multiple felony international fraud convictions were amongst lists of people that he pardoned when leavning.

Bush pardoned nil- his party or not- and let the guilty reap their consequence. And despite the talk and assumption that people like Ryan would be tops on the list to be pardoned. I know Ryan's wife had very high hopes supported by the press.

It still has flummoxed me that someone like Martha Stewart had to serve for her "type of crime" with that kind of evidence- when all of the 4 big politico players in IL (right now) have far, far, far worse upon their records and routinely so.

Right now in IL, the doctors are not being paid for Medicare and Medicaid treatments and are closing their doors. This has been true for years and they can no longer work for nothing.

Believe me, the politico Dems are not the ones who are suffering. Far from it- they are redecorating, once again, their offices.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Yes it is all the fault of those dirty damn Dems - those stellar upstanding unGrand Old Party three issue yahoos are beyond reproach.

If you believe that I have a some great land in Florida I will make you a good deal on.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 08:19 AM
JJ5

In IL, right now, Feb. 6, 2009- all the players are Dems.

That's the truth- bridge for sale or not.

And never in my 60 years too, have I seen a group all together, that has a more impervious ear to the electorate.

In fact, Daley was just repeatedly quoted as saying on the shovel-ready projects, that they are not to be even made public- as he wants "no discussion" on them.

Nice, huh!

Believe me, this group isn't only not buying your bridge, but it is selling the very infrastructure (expressways/airports/tollway systems etc.).

Burham, and Ward must be turning in their graves.

Old Feb 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM

"where are all the "usual suspects"?

or Dem leaders are exempt from criticism....???
"

MvK Reporting!

Blago is a scum. I agree that a long prison sentence is justified once he is convicted. Make an example of him, but I'm afraid the rewards are just too rich for some to say "no" to in the future, they consider it worth the risk to them.

We ALL (D and r) deserve better than this.

MvK