Search

Black Rock parking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Rock parking?

I'm looking for current information on parking (preferably free!) near Black Rock. We'll be coming up from Kihei area. Thanks.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:12 AM

When we wanted to go to Black Rock we parked in the free beach parking at the Sheraton. It's right next to teh beach path that runs along the south side of the resort. The resorts are required to offer a limited number of spots for locals and beach access. We talked to some local spear fishermen who were preparing to fish at black rock. We were leaving at eh same time and they had caught some really big fish. I can't recall how we found the free parking but it couldn't have been too hard .
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:23 AM

We followed Suzie's excellent advice last October about this obscure free parking, but had difficulty finding the free parking spots just by simply driving up to the Sheraton Hotel.

As I recall, we pulled up to the Sheraton Hotel and the doorman/Attendant offered us "valet parking" which we refused, and pointed us in the direction of the garage for self parking, but did not seem to know about the free parking spots. I drove over to the garage and got out of the car to ask the garage attendant inside the pay booth (end closest to the Sheraton) where the free spots are and he said that they are at the opposite end of the parking garage (1st level) farthest away from the Sheraton Hotel.

You will probably drive right by the free parking, but they are on the left before you reach the Sheraton, inside a multilevel garage, and I do not recall more than a dozen or so spaces, so get there as early as you can!
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:57 AM

John LOL I was going to say to go "left" and that the parking is on the low level of the parking garage. But what is "left" to someone who is not familiar with the parking? Glad you said it because it is true. The free parking is in the parking garage the furthest south of the Sheraton Property. The beach walk is pretty dreary as I recall but there was a really helpful staff member telling us about the woman who was attacked by a shark that day. Great to hear right before you go snorkeling huh?
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:07 AM

Hey Suzie,
Nice to hear from you, our relatives stayed near the Sheraton end of November/December and unfortunately for them the water was too rough for snorkeling. amp;
On our Oct. visit we also found that if one ventures to the other resorts south of the Sheraton, there are a few public access spots also available, in case the Sheraton is lot is full.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM

Topping for Roma, is there an echo in here