Reload this Page >

Birthday Golf Trip to Ariz in Feb.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Jennifer

I am looking into the possibility of surprising my fiance (an avid golfer) with a birthday trip to a golf resort in Arizona (looking to go probably in Feb sometime).
I don't golf though, but I understand many of the resorts have spas, etc.

I haven't really done any research yet.. thought I'd start here. Any suggestions? (price range is flexible, albeit not without limit). thanks

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:49 AM
linda

Check the listings under the Arizona heading in this forum. You'll get lots of information there.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Andy

Best choices: Phoenician and Boulders.
Next on the list Princess and Biltmore. Hyatt Gainey Ranch, Camelback Inn would be after that.
February will be top dollar expensive, weather will still be coolish for Arizona with avg day highs of 70 and lows of 44 at night. 70 sounds nice but the desert is dry and it doesn't feel as warm as you might think. (But it's great if you're coming in from Buffalo!).

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:42 AM
ddd

There are tens of nice resorts on golf courses, and with spas. Which one you pick will depend somewhat on your budget. Keep in mind that none of these places will be cheap, as Feb. is within the high-rate time of year here. Off the top of my head, you might want to check out The Biltmore (high end), one of The Pointe resorts, I think there are 3 different locations(medium), McCormick Ranch / Gainey Ranch(medium). If you do some kind of search on AZ hotels on Scottsdale Rd in Scottsdale (maybe look on Expedia for hotel details), there are some places there that will fit the bill.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:48 AM
ddd

Oh - I totally forgot to mention Camelback Inn. It has a golf course and it's spa is said to be one of the best in the area.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:48 AM
scotty

I'd consider Camelback because it seems to fit your criteria: not too expensive, has golf and a full spa for non-golfers, is fairly convenient to Ols Scottsdale and the shopping districts in case you want to take the rental car while he's golfing.

That's not to say that Camelback is the best , but it's worth a look-see.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:59 AM
xxx

The problem with Camelback inn is that its probabnly over $300 a night in Feb. For a lower rate at still a nice place you might want to try Radiasson Resort on Scottsdale Road. My parents stayed there. THey just built a new spa a couple years ago, you have golf privileges at McCormick Ranch next door, and without the high prices. Just a guess, but more like $200 a night in Feb.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Jennifer

Thanks for the replies.. you have all given me some starting points and now i'll do some research.