Biltmore Estate Trip Report

Old May 30th, 2023, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biltmore Estate Trip Report

My husband and I had 4 days in May 2023 to enjoy and explore the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC.

Day 1: We arrived at The Inn on the estate at noon and picked up the “Romantic Get-Way” picnic lunch that we ordered from the concierge. It was packed in an insulated tote with a plaid blanket. After an easy walk from the back of The Inn we enjoyed the isolation, view, and a delicious lunch (a bottle of wine, beef tenderloin sandwiches, cheese and fruit with assorted crackers, garden green salad, pasta salad, & strawberry shortcake for dessert.) What a start to our trip! We opted for the chateau tier deluxe king view which we highly recommend. We used the butler’s pantry every day (a room stocked with soft drinks, coffee, hot tea, juice, snacks, fruit, and …. wait for it…. Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars!)

Day 2: After a delicious breakfast in the formal dining room, we both enjoyed touring the Biltmore house (2 hours) using the audio aid. We added the backstairs guided tour (1 hour) which I highly recommend (a lot of stairs to climb). We had dinner in the dining room and again enjoyed the atmosphere and food (strict dress code).

Day 3: In the morning we rented bikes in Antler Hill Village for a 2-hour ride on a path by the river. That was a lot of fun. We had lunch at Cedric’s Tavern (near the bike shop) which we also highly recommend. In fact, we liked it there so much we went back for dinner! After lunch we drove to the “Renaissance Alive” exhibit, (gigantic visual displays of the great artists from the 14th to 17th centuries …. their paintings and more).It was extradinary!

Day 4: Sadly, we had to check out of our beautiful room with a view. After another elegant breakfast in the dining room, we headed back to the Biltmore house to see their famous gardens. We walked around the many paths outside and saw the rose and spring gardens. We also spent a lot of time in the conservatory. The variety of flowers and exotic plants was astounding. It was a wonderful ending for a memorable trip!
Old May 30th, 2023, 09:30 AM

Sounds great. Did you go anywhere else in the area?
Old May 30th, 2023, 10:10 AM

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for posting.
Old May 31st, 2023, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

No, we didn't go anywhere else in the area. We actually planned to because I got quite a few interesting suggestions from the forum, but we didn't want to leave the "magical" environment of the estate. Kind of like Disney World .... perfect, relaxing and happy.