Search

Big Sur, CA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM
trippinkpj

Big Sur, CA

Looking for tips, things to do. And has anyone stayed at Andrew Molera State Park? Also, I'm wondering if I will have Cingular cel phone service there. I usually wouldn't worry about that, although need to at this time.
Thanks.

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM
trippinkpj

I should of asked, has anyone camped at Andrew Molera SP.
Karen

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only hiked there, not overnighted.

There's limited camping, Andrew Molera is still very undeveloped. The campgrounds are a bit inland from the parking lot, so you will have to carry all your gear inland. I believe it's about a mile inland - quite a workout.

Views from hiking are stunning as it's mostly rolling coastal hills and a terrifically long beach. When you get to the top of a small bluff and see the seashore and the ocean - that's what Big Sur is all about.

The nudist camps have been banned by the state park rangers, I believe.

I prefer the camping in other locations in Big Sur, e.g., at Pfeiffer Big Sur or Limekiln State Park. Less distance between car and campground, lo!

It's difficult to know if Cingular works out in Andrew Molera or not. I have a different cell phone service and sometimes I can call while at Big Sur and other times not.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were recently at Pfeiffer Big Sur and Deetjen's and Cingular did not work at all - can't say for sure about Molera but would not count on it.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:37 PM
trippinkpj

Thanks easy and weis. Since we need to stay in contact, I think we'll stay in Monterey and go down to Big Sur on a day trip.