Reload this Page >

Best way to get to hotel from National?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:12 PM
DC Visitor

Is there a Super Shuttle? What is the rate?How much should a party of three expect to pay for a cab? Thanks!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Page

Presuming you mean DCA, it depends where your hotel is located (duh). There are shuttles, lots of cabs (but don't get into a nonlicensed gypsy cab!) and there's also a Metro stop at the airport which is quite doable if you don't have much luggage.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Traveler

I have taken the Super Shuttle in San Francisco/Oakland before and I think it is great. Super Shuttle has a website for all locations in the US (www.supershuttle.com). It will have information on cost...I think for DC runs around $20 per person one way but don't quote me. Check out the website for complete details.

I have been reading that cab fares fluctuate depending on where you are going. They have different fares for different zones in DC and there could possibly be additional surcharges. If you take a cab...negotitate fare before getting into cab or discuss fare with dispatch.

We are flying into DCA in August and plan to take the Metro to our hotel. We will have luggage with wheels and I have not read any negative response about taking the Metro....I thought they recently made new improvements with DCA but not sure how it affect the Metro. Good Luck!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:28 AM
xx

It depends on where the hotel is located. Most of those in VA near the airport have a shuttle.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Dutch

It is Reagan Airport, named after our ex president who help aviation by firing the air traffic controllers.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Howard

For three people, take a cab. If you're going into the district, it will not expensive, as the airport is very close to the city.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:00 AM
TvlPro

If I only have one suitcase and there is no shuttle AND the hotel is inside the beltway, I take the Metro.
It's faster and cheaper than a cab.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 10:40 AM
xrep

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for refering to it as National Airport. Now, if we could get the Metro sign changed back...........