Anyone familiar with the highway to Hannah?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Misty

Anyone familiar with the highway to Hannah?

Will be going to Maui for the first time and heard this is a must do. It sounded like a long drive with iffy weather. Would like to hear about it first-hand. Thanks.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Hana

It's the road to Hana. There are actually a ton of previous threads on this same topic if you want to run a search.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Lynette

It is highway to Hana. The town is Hana and is nothing impressive. The highway is the best way to truely experience Hawaii. You will see waterfalls,beautiful ocean views. The road is very narrow and on the edge of cliffs in some areas but beautiful.Most car rental companies don't want you to take their cars the south side of Hana. They say it is too rough. I was afraid but everyone talked me into it. It was paved the whole way and wasen't even bad at all. Well worth the trip all the way around. Plan the whole day.
Enjoy.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:46 AM
mary

Yea, I also recommend taking the road all the way around instead of backtracking so you are always seeing something new.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Craig

If it's the Highway to Hana it's the strangest Highway I have ever been on. Someplaces it's only one lane and the fastest you can go on the constant curing road is 35 miles per hour.

It's an absolutly beautiful trip and if I were you, I won't miss it. Stop along the way and enjoy the many beautiful things to see. Enjoy!!!!!

(It took us from about 9:00 to 5:00, round trip, so it's a full day, but depending on what you want to do on your trip, it's an adventure.)