Best US place to entertain top sales people US

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need suggestions for a US or Mexico location to entertain 150 top sales associates. Have been to: Cancun, Key Biscayne, Playa del Carmen. November timeframe and location must have golf courses. Thanks much.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:08 AM

Scottsdale, AZ - plenty of golf courses, big resorts, shopping, restaurants, spas etc.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:13 AM

Maui?
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:33 AM

I am a salesperson and have been to many different spots for meetings. The meetings in Scottsdale have always been some of my favorites. Of course plenty of golf courses and places to shop or go to a spa for those who don't play golf. November can be cold at night but is usually warm during the day.

I see you've been to Mexico a few times but another favorite trip of mine was to Cabo San Lucas, actually Los Cabos. I stayed at the Westin Regina-oceanfront rooms, just beautiful. I think Las Ventanas in Los Cabos gets a very high rating but it's pretty expensive. We were in Los Cabos end of Jan/beginning of February. Weather was very nice. Lots of beautiful golf courses.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:42 AM

A company I was with had a much larger group every year-usually around 1500 sales people plus about 500 management and staff. Our meeting was held in February or March. We alternated every four years between Miami, New Orleans, San Diego, and Honolulu. Our people seemed to like both the locations and the variety.

We were not able to use any of the outer islands in Hawaii because, at the time, there were no facilities large enough to accomodate us.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Hawaii
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 11:00 AM

San Diego. Look at the Lodge at Torrey Pines or some place on Coronado.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM
gc

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, Ft. Lauderdale, Marriott Orlando World Center, Torrey Pines Hilton.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 11:29 AM
gc

Whoops, and Hyatt Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 11:30 AM

Palm Springs, CA
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM

Inn at Harbour Town, Hilton Head Island, SC. Has something nearby for everybody!
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 12:33 PM

JW Marriott, Las Vegas.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have been to Scottsdale to the Phonecian for a business trip-very nice.(I don't even play golf). We had a trip to Palm Springs. Another one was to Cancun. And a very fun one to San Antonio Tx. The company had boots made for us and took us to a ranch where we all learned how to line dance. It was fun. The boots are a very neat momento. I wear them occasionally. But for golf, I think Scottsdale or southern california would be ideal.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 12:55 PM

I was a sales rep and the company offered several options for us to vote on for the annual awards meeting. The city with the most votes won, and one year it was a seven day cruise.

Believe it or not, there is a life without golf.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM

With a previous job, our group alternated Palm Springs, CA and Naples, FL in November. Both were wonderful. This past year they started a 3-year rotation to include New Orleans. I was glad I was no longer working there because that would not have been a "trip" for me - but still an option for you.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM
BAK

Naples, Scottsdale/Phoenix/ or Los Angeles to San Diego, if golf is mandatory.

I spent a few years overseeing the organization of sales success trips for Canadians, and the favorite, though, was a cruise.

The woman who was actually in charge of the organization of the trips was included in those eligible to win a series of lucky draws that rewared non-sales staff for their assistance to the sales people. (the sales people had the trip as part of their commission structure and compensation program, so they eitehr qualified or not -- they did not "win" in any sense of the word.

So we had half a dozen spots on the salestrip ship for lucky winners from, say, marketing or human resources or hardware servicing, plus some other prizes.

Anyway, the organizing woman won a trip to anywhere in the world she wanted to go, and, since her husband was a golfer, picked Portugal, which turned out to have great golf courses plus former palaces in which to stay.

There's lots of good places not in the US or Mexico. I've put a lot of happy people into Barbados and Jamaica.

And finally, if I was one of your sales people, I'd be really happy to follow the suggestion above of the Hyatt at Gaineys Ranch in Scottsdale. I've had lunch there, and would love to return for a few days, and I might even take up golf.

BAK
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Tess

My husband's company has taken us to some great places that the golfers have raved about: Tucson (Loew's Ventana Canyon), San Diego, Palm Springs, Scottsdale and LA are the most recent. Think the golfers were most happy with Tucson and Palm Springs.

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
emd

Phoenician. We've been there and also Biltmore for bonus mtgs. My husband preferred Biltmore, I preferred Phoenician.

What about Laguna Niguel Ritz Carlton- I am curious, has anyone been there for a bonus meeting like this? I've been there but not for a bonus trip.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 08:10 PM

They could do it in Naples and give everyone their choice of the two Ritz Carltons. One's on the beach, one's a couple miles away and is a spectacular golfing resort. Shuttles run between the two, all services are reciprocal, and people actually have a choice of venues. Mix and match, so to speak.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 07:10 AM

I just booked two huge meetings for my company; one in LV at Bellagio and one in Miami at teh Madarin Oriental and both went off without a hitch and everyone was very pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -