best stops from woods hole to boston?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:12 AM
nancy

hi guys,

we are planning a week's stay in martha's vineyard in the first week of june and want to know what are THE PLACES we should consider stopping at on our drive back from wood's hole to boston....group includes parents, grandparents, kids and we only have one day.

specific question: is it worth it to drive to provincetown just for a whale watching tour?

thanks very much,
nancy

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Beth

You can take a whalewatch out of Hyannis, which is slightly less out of your way. Or, if you are spending any time in Boston, take one from Boston Harbor. They take a bit longer to get out where the whales are, but are pleasant nevertheless.

You might stop at Plymouth on the way back from WoodsHole to Boston. My nephews liked the Plimouth Plantation.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:21 AM
sandy

Would agree with the Plymouth suggestion. From Wood Hole to Boston isn't a bad ride-

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:01 AM
sandra

Nancy - you can take the whale watch out of Plymouth also - but I think the visit to Plimouth Plantation would be a great stop for your group. Its a recreation of a pilgrim village with people taking on the character of different settlers. They speak in old English and remain in character. Also in Plymouth is a replica of the Mayflower and everyone is always amazed at the size of it and lack of space. If the children are studing early american history in school - they would really enjoy this stop.

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:25 PM
ronald

Hyannis is not between Woods Hole and Boston.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Beth

of course, Hyannis is not between Woods Hole and Boston. But Nancy asked if it was worth it to drive to P-Town, and Hyannis is certainly closer to Woods Hole than Provincetown. That was the part of the message I was trying to address.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:44 AM
nancy

thank you everyone for your suggestions. i really appreciate it! will start to find out more about the plymouth plantation.