Reload this Page >

Best outlet mall in the U.S.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:39 PM
lidia

So, I love to shop. Where is the best outlet mall in the U.S.?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:10 PM
wendy

I like to shop too, and i appreciate bargains so i'm a fan of outlets. but the truth is, they're pretty much the same from place to place. the only difference I can discern in say, an outlet mall in Delaware and an outlet mall in Gilroy California is that Delaware doesn't have sales tax. But the stores are pretty much the same, although the merchandise varies. but you'll find good bargains whereever you go.

Have fun!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:17 PM
RMC

I suppose it all depends on where you live. I wouldn't go across country to go to an outlet mall because as Wendy says, they're pretty much all the same.

That said, if you happen to be in upstate NY I thought the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in Central Valley were really great! It was the largest outlet center that I've ever been to but then again, I'm not an expert. You can look them up online and they have a list of stores that you'll find there.

www.premiumoutlets.com

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:40 PM
anita

My husband's family is from PA & I have enjoyed going to all the outlets in Reading, PA. They were there offering discounted stuff before it became popular to have stores everywhere.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 05:36 PM
shopper

NH is also tax free, and No Conway is a really pretty destination spot too!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:13 PM
laurie

Birch Run, Michigan (near Flint) has a huge outlet outdoor mall. You could easily shop there for a couple of days!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:36 PM
mare

Outlet malls don't have outlet stores in them anymore, at least MOST of them don't. A true "outlet" store offering true bargains is very hard to find these days, because so many people flock to these so-called-outlet-malls thinking that they are getting a deal. In truth a Robinsons', Dillards or Macys sale usually offers better bargains.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:55 PM
mom

Here is another vote for North Conway, NH. No sale taxes and view are magnificent. Also outdoor activities are endless

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Travelman

To Wendy
The best and the only place is
Sawgrass Mall,Sunrise/Ft.Lauderdale,FL
Shop till you drop,revive and do it again. Good Luck

T

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Parrot Mom

Premium Outlets seem boring and sanitized (we have one only 20 minutes from here) and the stores are basically all the same. Kittery, Maine is the first of the outlet areas and is funkier..you drive to little strip mall to strip mall.. all within not more than two miles. Yes, there is a saletax, but if your a careful shopper you can make up the extra dollars. One highlight of Kittery is a Brookstone Outlet..one of only I believe two or three in the country and a must for men especially,, for women there is a Coach Bag store. New Hampshire is further for us, but the traffic on the main road is horrendous.. and there are duplicate stores in Kittery. Then there is Freeport, Maine for LL Bean enthusiastics..a yuppies heaven of outlets, havent been there in years.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 07:47 AM
cheap

http://www.outletbound.com/

You can search by type of store or location.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Buffalo

The Crossing in Stroudsburg, PA (about an hour form NY/NJ) is a great place if you are interested mainly in clothing. They have the other quasi-outlet shops for kitchenware, etc. but it is clothes that are the big attraction. There are actually bus trips and caravans that come from surrrounding states. Plus, no sales tax on clothes in PA.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Nancy

Ditto to Birch Run in Michigan. There are nearly 200 stores total with every name you can think of.