Best Marriott to use points in San Francisco area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have Marriott points and staying in SF for 2 nights before going to Yosemite, any suggestions? Thanks! Happy planning!
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM

We stayed at the Courtyard South of Market in Summer 2006. It wasn't right in the thick of things, but we just walked a few blocks north to Market Street and could easily get to just about anywhere from there. It was also pretty close to a freeway ramp and its location meant it was pretty quiet. There is lots of knowledge about San Francisco here so I'm sure you'll get some good responses (which may differ from mine...and I'm okay with that!)
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Well, it depends what you mean by best. There are a lot of Marriott-brand hotels in San Francisco -- three Marriotts, a JW Marriott in an equally good location, two Courtyards. And the Stanford Court and Ritz-Carlton.

So are you most concerned about how many points you'll have to spend, location, convenience to public transportation from the airport?
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM

I've stayed at the SF Marriott Marquis a few times and really enjoyed it. One time they put me in a room with one of those rounded windows. Talk about an amazing view! It was wonderfully located for Union Square, SFMOMA, etc.

But I've also stayed at the Courtyard at Fisherman's Wharf when using points, and that was fun too. Just walked out the door and boom I was a tourist

So, as sf7307 says, it depends on what you are going for.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM

I have stayed at Courtyard at FW and also the downtown Courtyard on 2nd south of Market.

The one at FW is more motel like, the one on 2nd is more hotel like. The walk from downtown Courtyard to Market is about 10 minutes.

The FW one is right near the F trolley/streetcar stop and also near the Cable Car turnaround.

I prefered the downtown one. Really depends on what you are looking for, and if there is a difference in points or whatever.
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 02:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have stayed at the Stanford Court on Nob Hill. It is right above chinatown. We liked the hotel. We rode the trolley around and it was a nice quiet for sleeping location. Good neighborhood.