Best lunch or brunch place in Georgetown

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best lunch or brunch place in Georgetown

I need to find a great place to have Sunday lunch or brunch for 4 in Georgetown this coming weekend. We will have an hour or so break from meetings and would like to walk from the Fairmont which is on M street. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:07 PM

I'm not sure how far you are willing to walk, but not too far from the Fairmont (or a very short taxi ride) is Clyde's of Georgetown on M Street. Also The Prime Rib and Legal Seafoods next to each other on K Street might fit the bill.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:35 PM
Doh

I think the four seasons has a very nice, but expensive, brunch. Some of the hotels in the West End also have nice brunches (sorry I can't remember names at the moment, but the washingtonian.com website might help).
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:08 PM

Four Seasons brunch is not only the best in Georgetown, it's also one of the best in Washingon.
The only problem, it IS fairly expensive and quite elaborate and you really could not do justice to it in only an hour.
If you plan to go there, you should plan to play hooky for the early afternoon meetings, so you can take time to savor all that amazing seafood and those incredible desserts!!
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:09 PM

PS....forgot to say, that if you really have to stick to an hour, Clydes also has outstanding food, but be sure to make a reservation. It is totally packed on Sundays.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 08:10 AM

Bistro Francais on M St has been a long time favorite for steak & eggs for sunday brunch (it has other options). It has the best french fries (thin) in town.