Reload this Page >

Best Hyatts to stay at, anywhere!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:55 AM
nina

My husband has been racking up the points at Hyatt recently, and will continue to do so (one day every week) for awhile. Since it looks like we'll have enough points for a free stay soon, I'm trying to plan a trip for next winter at a nice Hyatt. Does anyone have any suggestions for the nicest resorts in the best vacation spots? Thanks!

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:26 AM
linda

I assume you are staying in the states since you are on US board. The Hyatt GrandCypress in Orlando is wonderful. I mention this because flights are cheap there and it's easy to get around. Assuming you aren't going over XMas, the crowds are low the first 2 weeks.Maui has a lovely Hyatt- my friend stayed there last year and loved it. We sent the kids to the Hyatt in Ket West for thir anniversary- also a big thumbs-up.Keep racking those Passport points- I'll bet they have specials in Nov and Dec.!

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:32 AM
David

Hyatt in Kauai is spectacular (as is Kauai)

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:35 AM
paige

If you're skiers the Hyatt at Beaver Creek, Colorado is primo.

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:39 AM
nina

Thanks, I'm posting on the US board but I welcome responses for Hyatts anywhere in the world. We are skiers and would also love a trip to Hawaii in the winter. Looks like there are lots of good choices so far. Oh, also I want to bring kids.

I'm new to using hotel points. Are there blackout periods for holiday weeks like President's week?

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:44 AM
linda

If you're bringing kids- they would love the Grand Cypress in Orlando. My kids actually asked to leave Disney World so we could go back to hotel. It has a freeform pool with slide, golf, horses, lake, playground and a very nice food area on lower level which is really kid-friendly. Get a room on the lake side and you can watch fireworks from balcony.

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Steve

The nicest Hyatt we've stayed at was in Poipu Beach, Kauai. It was really wonderful and I've stayed at many!

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Sandy

I used to work for Hyatt and stayed at quite a few. Here are my favorites:
Hyatt Regency Cerromar Beach in Puerto Rico
Hyatt Regency Kauai
Hyatt Regency Cancun
Hyatt Regency Key West
Hyatt Regency Maui
Hyatt Regency Beaver Creek

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:05 AM
nina

Steve, just wondering, do you know if the Hyatt in Kauai used to be a Westin? If it was then I've stayed there (as a Westin) and you're right, it's very nice.

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. Lot's of good choices!

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Suzie

The Hyatt in Kauai has always been a Hyatt. The Marriott in Kauai was a Westin. And if that's where nina stayed, she's right it is nice.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Amy

Definitely the Hyatt in Maui. Stayed there for our honeymoon last year and loved every minute of it. I envy you with the free points!

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:52 AM
claude

Hyatt Maui
Hyatt Key West

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Anthony

The Hyatt Kauai is indeed one of the top, if not the TOP resort hotel of the chain( With regard to what Hi hotel was previously a Hyatt, The Wialea Grand on Maui was originally The Grand Hyatt)
The Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong is also a wonderful hotel.
You can do an Asia tour staying at Hyatts - Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Shanghi(The Grand Hyatt Shanghi in the upper floors of China's talllest building)

Additionally, the Hyatts in Australia, are all top notch.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Suzy

We just returned from the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdalke and it is a very beautiful place. It may not be as nice as the Hawaiian resorts but it's worth a visit! The pool area and grounds are spectacular.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 02:20 PM
sn

Kauai is incredible. We also love the Texas Hill Country resort right outside of San Antonio--great golf, incredible pools, culture and dining of SA nearby and an easy get-away. Could be soggy at the moment though.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:12 PM
John

Highlands Inn Hyatt just outside of
Carmel, CA entering Big Sur on CA HWY 1. Beautiful scenery along with great rooms/suites with your own fireplace & jacuzzi, and balconies with great views of the pacific ocean, crashing waves into large rocks near coastline, and mountain cliffs.