best hotels/dining for solo in Santa Fe?

Old Aug 31st, 2007, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

best hotels/dining for solo in Santa Fe?

Hi All,

I'm a solo female thirty-something with some time on her hands before starting a new job, and I'm considering a few days in Santa Fe next month. I'd like to stay somewhere in town that has a good pool/patio to soak up a little late-summer sun, and am a foodie who likes creative cuisine in places where a solo diner would feel comfortable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

Old Aug 31st, 2007, 08:06 AM

I always recommend the Hotel Santa Fe & The Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe.

They both offer awesome themeing and amenities.

http://www.resideo.com/us/newmexico/...97509252.hotel
http://www.hotelsantafe.com/

Have fun!
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 09:11 AM
dmlove

We stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe this summer and it was very nice (we had a junior suite, which wasn't very large, but still was comfortable (3 people)). The pool is small but nice, has a hot tub, and was full of people on a late Saturday afternoon. It is about 5-6 blocks to the square, but that was a good thing, plus they have a shuttle -- they'll take you or pick you up on request.

The hotel is across the street from a newly-developing area called the "Rail Yard" area or something like that.

Also, walking into town, we ate at a restaurant that looked interesting and turned out to be great - called Cafe Dominic (across the street and down a couple of blocks toward town). Very creative food and extremely pleasant people and atmosphere.

Old Sep 1st, 2007, 06:29 AM

Two restaurants we enjoyed in May that would be suitable for dining solo--Trattoria Nostrani and La Boca. Trattoria Nostrani northern Italian inspired--lovely lovely food and great wine. www.trattorianostrani.com
La Boca inspired tapas--also open for lunch Mon-Sat. http://www.santafe.com/restaurants/la_boca.html
Loved the Hotel Santa Fe--stay in their upscale facility La Hacienda if it's within your budget.
The Santa Wine and Chile Fiesta is the end of Sept. Getting a hotel room during the Fiesta might be difficult.
http://www.santafewineandchile.org/
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM

Hi Jkarp,

I've been to Santa Fe several times by myself and I've never felt uncomfortable eating out alone anywhere there. I usually go in the bar area if possible because there seems to be more single diners there.

Tomasitas, Maria's, the Ore House, Blue Corn Cafe, El Farol, the Pink Adobe Dragon Room and Diego's are a few places that come to mind where I've eaten alone. They all have casual bar areas and good food. Santa Fe's a friendly city so no worries!

As for places to stay, I usually go the VRBO.com route so I have a kitchen also. I stayed at the Residence Inn once and that was very nice, but others can probably give you better ideas on places closer to the plaza.

When are you going? There are a few of us going the second week of October and we're trying to get a GTG going...
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Jk,

Whenever I am lucky enought o overnight in Santa Fe during my travels, I stay at the Hotel Santa Fe. The hotel staff is phenomenal, the rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated, the native flute player there in the evenings is superb and their breakfasts are deliciously filling. I have always walked to and from the square, as it is not that far.

I have walked the streets of Santa Fe in the early morning at dawn, midday, early evening and after the bars closed, more often than not by myself, and have never felt uneasy.

I love to eat at Tomasita's, as they have the best refried beans that I have foudn, with the exception of my momma's. I also love Cowgirl's. If you eat at Cowgirl's, make sure that you save room for their ice cream "baked potato" for dessert. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Enjoy Santa Fe,

Bit
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 07:26 AM

We enjoyed Gabrielle's Mexican Food. Have fun, and good luck with the new J.O.B.!