Best duck in Denver?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Quackers

Best duck in Denver?

I love duck. Every city I visit I try duck at least once (if they have it). I will be in Denver for the first time in two weeks and am looking for your recommendations on this tasty creature.

Your thoughts? Also, how is it prepared at the place you're recommending?

Thanks, Quackers

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM
ivanna no

Is that duck with a "d" Mr. Quackers?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:32 PM
M

I really don't know about duck in particular. I would look into "The Fort" or the restaurant in the Brown hotel. Since a lot of restaurants have on-line menus if you find a few good places you could check.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:35 PM
suzanne

The Fort and Red Lion (both west of Denver) are known for their "game and other interesting meat" menus...perhaps you'd find some duck there?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:53 AM
Lenleigh

I can't remember if Del Frisco's has it on their menu but it is a fantastic restaurant. The price range for two people would easily be around 150$ if you have all courses. The Fort would most likely have it since they serve a lot of Game.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Quackers

Thanks for the tips. Checked with The Fort and Red Lion--neither have duck. Checked w/ The Brown (Palace?) hotel: sometimes have duck. Checked w/ Del Friscos, they laughed and asked me where I'd heard that one!

Anyone else know of a place?

Thanks,

Quackers

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Breckboy

Don't know for sure, but try Tante Louise, Mizzuna, Fourth Story, maybe Bistro Adde Brewster. If you like Peking Duck Kingsland Chinese Foods on Alameda usually has it. If you like goose, there are plenty of those for the taking on any golf course in Denver!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Quackers

Thank you Breck Boy!

Tante Louise has duck (looks like a great place) Mizuna has duck (also sounds great).

Quackers

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:16 PM
could be funny

best duck i say in denver was a guy missed by a line drive into the lower seats at the ball park

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Joni

Saw this message and had to respond. The Red Lion Inn in Boulder Canyon is known for their duck and it's the best I've ever had! They made flame it tableside and while I moved away from Boulder 3 years ago, I still crave it. I saw that you called them, check again because they always have it when I go and it's a beautiful drive. The entire thing would take about an hour from downtown Denver.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Breckboy

Quackers-

You're welcome. One tip: if you choose Mizuna, you'll need to reserve in advance or get stuck eating at 5 pm or 10 pm. I think it's one of the hottest places in town.

Bon apetit!

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 09:13 AM
Quackers

Thanks to all for your info!

My tiny taste buds twitter at the thought of tasting these toothsome creatures!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Quackers

Hello, it's me.

Just thought I'd give some "quack" feedback for those of you out there who enjoy duck as much as I.

Managed to work in two duck dinners on my trip to Denver. The first was at Tante Louise and boy was it fabulous! What a place! What an ambience! What service! What a tasty duck! Mmmmmmm...

The second duck dinner was to be found at Il Fornaio (couldn't get in to Mizuna--place must be great). Normally I avoid chain restaurants when I'm traveling but we happened to be in the "Denver Technological Center for Technological Things and Stuff", it was getting late, my friend suggested it and THEY HAD DUCK! And it was also fabulous (crispy, with balsamic reduction sauce AND they even gave me some L'Orange sauce on the side...delicious!

I can't honestly say which was better (they were both nothing short of excellent) but Corky at Tante Louise (I think he was the owner) and Fabio at Il Fornaio (he was the chef that night and pampered the crap out of us) were wonderful and accomodating people.

I highly recommend both places! Thanks again to all who helped with my search.

Quackers

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:25 PM
kima

Glad you had sucess, thanks for the report