Reload this Page >

best drive miamia airport to naples?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 03:29 PM
Becky

We are arriving in Miami Airport and need to drive to the LaPlaya Resort in Naples. Any suggestions for best route?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
roger

The Alligator Alley- I 75 is a great highway and takes you right to Naples.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:43 PM
paul

We just did the drive last week and Roger in the above post is correct. I believe that I-75 is your only choice. We saw La Playa Hotel in Naples and it looked very nice.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:42 PM
Patrick

There is another alternative, but I'd only recommend it if driving in the daytime. You can leave the airport and follow the expressway that passes by the south side of the airport, then cross the state on US 41. It is a two lane road rather than an interstate, but at this time of year it is not busy. It will take you a little longer to drive that way, even though the distance is shorter, but it is a bit of old Florida, passing a couple of Indian settlements and the smallest post office in the country at Ochopee. Once you get to the eastern end of Naples, you could go north on 941 and get on the northbound part of I-75 getting off at the Pine Ridge exit and heading to Vanderbilt Beach. I live in Naples and go to Miami fairly often. That is actually my preferred route, although as I said it may take a little longer.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:01 AM
Ken

Are you 100% certain that you can't fly into the Ft. Myers airport instead, even if it costs extra cash? It would be worth it to me!!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:15 PM
Kathy

I like to go Tamiami Trail from Miami to the West coast of FL.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Patrick

Yes, for the record Tamiami Trail is US 41 as I described above.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Becky

Thanks for the driving tips. I think that I'll try the Alligator Alley. We had tried to fly into the Fort Myers airport but Air Canada switched airports (after we had paid)and gave us no other alternatives. I'll let you know how LaPlaya was!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 07:11 PM
m

Yes, my husband and I would love to know about LaPlaya Resort. We will be staying there over Thanksgiving. Thanks!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 07:19 PM
barb

Is the miamia airport affiliated with the broadway show mama mia?