best disney world deals

Search

best disney world deals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best disney world deals

I am planning a trip to disney world with a friend of mine. We each have 17 year old daughters that will be coming along...all four of us are kids at heart and love Disney.
We are planning to go in mid October and would like to know the best deals. Is there one of the Disney value hotels located on the monorail? We would rather not have to pay the big dollars for the Floridian, Contemporary...but would like to be on the monorail.

Also, we would probably purchase a 4 day pass. We would like to flexibility to move from park to park in any given day. We may start out at the MK one day, and in that same day we may want to head to Epcot...what are our choices. Are there any discounts out there? I am with AARP as well as AAA.

It has been over five years since I was last there, so I am certain things have changed.
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:09 AM

Disney has an Oct/Nov package that includes the dining plan that is the best offer I've seen this year:
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.g...ket=fy10q1dine
There are many web sites dedicated to Disney vacations. mousemisers.com is dedicated to packages. If you check other threads on Disney, you'll see the references to the sites without much research.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:17 AM

There are no value hotels on the Monorail but the value hotels have frequent and comfortable free bus shuttles to all the parks. If you want to ride the monorail, you can get on it at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. If you want to go to more than one park in the same day, have to get the "park hopper" ticket. It costs a little more but it is worth it.
It is almost impossible to get discounts on park tickets by themselves. However, due to the recession, Disney has been giving really good discount package deals that sometimes include lodging or dining. They advertise their latest deals on the Disney World website. Also, you can save yourself hours of ride line waiting time, by using the free Fast Pass system.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

stumpworks73 and montereybob, thank you for the tips...I will certainly check them out!

Any more insite or ideas from anyone...appreciate everyone's help.

WBLgirl
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
JJ5

Package deals are absolutely the way to do with WDW now. Do NOT buy separately.

For awhile they had buy 4 days get 3 free too and much more like the package described above.

Whatever you do and whatever level you decide you want- don't buy separately- but in a package. Two mid-level fabs from my experience (location/sensibilities to transport etc.)are Port Orleans (Riverside one) and Coronado Springs. Both not too large and would work WELL for your set up. Not all little kids- GOOD pools.

I've stayed in nearly every area of WDW including at Animal Kingdom. Some of the most beautiful places also have too far distant/commute logistics. The best locations for higher end $$ lodging are in the back of EPCOT near Broadwalk- that area.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
JJ5

Also, your monorail desire, that isn't particularly applicable to all the new choices/locations or any of the places you'll really want to go within a 4 day stay with people that age.

If you want the lowest level of value lodging, do remember that those have high, high percentage of children- most under 12- because of the way they are set up. And the commutes are fine but longer. The next level for Car.Beach or the ones I named are SO much better. I have stayed at Car. Beach and it is just too big. The other two I named are FABULOUS. My daughter just returned in June with family of 4. They raved about the transport and usability of pool etc.at Port Orleans.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
JJ5

There are lots of past threads about mousesavers.com and lots of other links. But I followed them all when we booked 2009 for my daughter. And the package deal offered- that special is the best. Sometimes it is the free days, sometimes it is the food combo.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:46 PM

There is a Disney World 5-Night Package incl. Tickets & Meals for $515 p/p. http://tinyurl.com/kq86vx
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM

If I was traveling with 17 year olds, I'd consider staying at the Boardwalk, or the Beach or Yacht Clubs. All are close to Epcot and MGM, and you can give the teens some room to wander. Staying at the monorail hotels is advice best for families with young children as little ones usually prefer the Magic Kingdom to the other parks. I doubt the teens will want to spend more than 1 day at MK.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 02:33 PM

There are no "value" resorts on the monorail. I agree the money is better spent on staying longer and shopping. The best value hotel in my opinion is the Sports complex. First on the bus line so you don't have to wait as long and first in line off the bus. Plus it has been recently remodeled, so cheap right now you can get two rooms for the price of one at the normal rate. Moms could have one room and the girls another. If you can afford it I would try the French Quarter, the smallest resort and a short boat ride to downtown disney which the girls and the girls at heart will love! AAA has great deals on theme park tickets, I live in Oregon and so don't have to pay the tax which is a huge savings a web site "Mousesavers" has great ideas for discounts too. Have fun.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:28 AM
JJ5

Yes, just what joyful1 said- the Port Orleans French Quarter would be exactly the choice I would make, if I didn't want to spend for higher level lodging. It's far less $$ than my most preferred Boardwalk/etc. behind EPCOT area- with all the exact pluses you would need for girls that age.