Best deals for parking at Orlando Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me where the best deal is for parking at or near the Orlando Airport? Heading for Costa Rica in a couple of weeks and need to leave my car for 12 days. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:58 AM

I regularly use Thrifty Airport Parking <http://www.thrifty.com/Local/Airport...ationCode=MCO>.
The AAA rate of $4.50 per day for Self Parking is hard to beat.

Here is an offbeat option for longer trips: two, one-day car rentals may actually be cheaper than paying the daily parking rate for and extended trip away, particularly if you live within 25 miles or so of the airport.

The day before your departure (after you've done a good web search for best rental car rates), pick up a small economy car, drive it home, pack your bags and then return it to the same location just prior to boarding your flight. On your return trip home, do this again, in reverse. Use the free airport shuttle on both occasions to go from your "parking lot" to the airport and return. Gas costs should be minimal and you should be able to get frequent flyer miles on each rental!
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Great thread! I need the exact same thing seawitch1, and thanks for the tip Orlando_Vic!
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:49 PM

What ever happened to asking a neighbor or friend to drive you to the airport and pick you up....?
OR
maybe you can get a taxi each way....
OR
try the spotted dog parking lot ~ I don't know their rates, but they are one of the parking services located outside the airport on SR436.
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

I would love a friend to drive us. But we're in St Pete and that is a lot to ask of anyone, even a close friend.

Thanks for your help though. I do appreciate the input.
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:10 AM

I am a little biased since I work for The Parking Spot (http://www.theparkingspot.com) but we have a location serving MCO that you may wish to consider. We have covered parking available, and amenities like complementary water at exit. We also have a coupon on our web site if you click through to the Orlando location.