Best/Cheapest Way to get from O'Hare to Omni Ambassador East Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we are going to be staying at the Omni East during our trip and flying into O'Hare Airport. I was wondering what the best and cheapest way would be to get from Point A to Point B. I don't believe the blue line goes very close to where we need to get.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 09:40 AM

Easiest is a cab, you may want to check with the hotel as it probably uses a shuttle company but for more than one person, the cost may not be much less than a cab.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

About how much would a cab cost?
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 10:04 AM

What you are looking for is solved by the El. True, the Blue Line doesn't get very close, but it will get you downtown where you can transfer to the Red Line or buses.

Here is the web site of the Chicago Transit Authority. www.transitchicago.com.

From there you can enter your starting location (O'hare) and your final destination. It will provide several options, including all transfers, a map and the total fare per person.

A cab would be roughly $40.00 or so. The El, with connections, would be around $1.75- $2.00/person.

Curious
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM

Another plug for the El. If you're packing light, or even moderate, the El is a cheap option that runs no risk of getting stuck in traffic. A cab can cost at least $35 with ideal traffic.
Take the Blue Line to Washington and transfer to the Red (direction Howard) and get off at Clark/Division. I believe the Ambassador East is a couple of blocks away.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 02:33 PM

We just got back from Chicago last week after staying at the Omni Ambassador East. We found it very easy to get there via the El. Previous poster is correct that you take the Blue Line to Washington and then transfer to the Red Line. When you get off at Clark/Division, you will walk 2-3 blocks toward the lake (east) and then 1 block north (on State Parkway). It's a pleasant walk if you don't have a lot of luggage. We only had one medium bag on wheels and one carry-on. The only tough part was carrying the bags up and down the stairs to the stations, but my husband didn't have any problem with that. For $1.75/person it was a bargain. The next time, though, we will probably buy a multi-day pass at O'Hare when we arrive so we can use public transit throughout our stay.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, $2 sounds good to me!