Bermuda: where to eat ?

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda: where to eat ?

Am looking for suggestions of where to eat in Bermuda in June. We are going for 3 nights, staying at Elbow Beach, but would like suggestions of where to eat special meals. It's a combination 50th Birthday/25 years wedding anniversary for 2 couples. Don't mind the cost, love all kinds of food.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM

I always hate when people redirect me, but have you checked on tripadvisor.com? You can sort Bermuda restaurants by user ratings. Haven't been to Bermuda or I'd give you some suggestions, since my trips revolve around food -- but tripadvisor is always a good jumping-off point.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM
OO

Please don't use those ratings! What I've looked at in the cities I'm very familiar with as a resident (who moves frequently), just make no sense. Heavens only knows how their rating system works, but it is NOT #1 = the best restaurant in town, #2, next best etc.

The best meal I've ever had in Bermuda, both for food and ambiance, was Tom Moore's Tavern. Now, it has been so long since we've been there that you'd need confirmation that it is still wonderful...for that TA can be useful, but you must weigh the responses. You'll never find all positive reviews, and the more expensive a place is, sometimes the more complaints generated, simply because expectations are much higher than for the run of the mill diner.

It's a beautiful restaurant, though expensive. Tres romantic. Now check the Caribbean board here too...ask the same question there and input Tom Moore's Tavern in the search box to see what more recent experiences than ours have been.

Enjoy! That is my all time favorite island.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:47 AM

I have to agree with the above post about the restaurant rankings on TripAdvisor. While it is a great site to use to learn more about a city, it is not an accurate ranking of restaurants. Of the top 10 in my city, there's only one I'd recommend someone go to! And 7 that I would say stay away from! I don't understand those rankings either.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:53 AM

We had a lovely 25th wedding anniversary dinner at the Aqua Seaside Restaurant which is located at Ariel Sands.

Try and plan your evening so that you are there for sunset -- beautiful!

http://www.arielsands.com/amenities/restaurant.htm
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:58 AM

The rankings on tripadvisor are based on the average ratings from every user who has rated that restaurant. So it's not "the #1 restaurant in Bermuda" -- it's just the restaurant with the highest average rating.

Obviously that's not foolproof, but neither is, say, asking for suggestions on a travel forum. Y'know?