Bend - Lodging Choices?

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Erin

Bend - Lodging Choices?

We will be visiting relatives for just a quick 2-day trip to Bend. Having never been there, am wondering what someone who is familiar with the area would suggest. Found 2 places that seem nice (on the web sites at least). First is the Phoenix Inn ($69 rate) or second would be The Riverhouse (rates vary from $75 to $105). Thanks for any opinions.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 02:00 PM
lisa

Have stayed at the River House. It is very nice. The Deschutes River rushes through the property. It has a nice pool and hot tub. You wouldn't be disappointed. You might inquire re the specific location of the room, asking for one along the river, farther from street or restaurant noise. Phoenix Inns are a nice chain. I don't know the one in Bend. I'm sure it's okay. You might ask your relatives. One might be closer to their home.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Sara

The Riverhouse will probably suit you just fine. It is on the main road going through Bend and I strongly encourage you to take Lisa's recommendation to get a room on the river.

If you like B&Bs there might be some fun houses in the old (pretty) part of Bend or some more in the country. Try moriah.com for a good listing.

There is also Inn of the Seventh Mountain, which is more of a resort and a little further out, but offers different activities.

Enjoy!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:37 PM
lisa

Inn at Seventh Mt is in a beautiful spot and does have lots of things to do, but they were renovating it at New Years this year, and a lot was closed, including their food service facilities. If you consider it, be sure to check on the status of their renovation.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
dee

A few years ago stayed at Lara House B&B. You can walk to Drake Park and the Mirror Pond from there. It's a huge older arts and crafts style house. We enjoyed it and we're not normally B&B type people.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:04 PM
xxx

Just curious--where is Bend?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:16 PM
max

Has anyone stayed at the Sunriver Resort Lodge?