Bellingham, WA restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Bellingham, Washington? Looking for something casual with a decent menu and a bar (not fast food-ish, yet not so upscale that jeans would be out of place) for a late weekend lunch or early dinner. Harbourside would be nice, but maybe somewhere downtown is better?
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Anthony's meets all our requirements.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 06:09 PM

I might add, Bellingham is not a restaurant town. Il Fiasco was a wonderful downtown Italian restaurant a few years ago, but it has changed. Oyster Creek Inn on scenic and not-too-far-away Chuckanut Drive is reputed to be very good, but I've never eaten there.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Actually, I think Anthony's may be the only place that meets your description right in town. Mykonos is a nice little greek place, but it's highwayside not harborside. The other thought is to venture a bit north to the beautiful Semiahmoo Resort for dinner. The pub is right on the beach.

There are also a dozen or so nice little cafes in White Rock, British Columbia just across the Canadian border and right above the beach. These two spots are perhaps a half hour from downtown B'ham (although the border crossing can be a delay on weekends, but not needed to Semiahmoo).

PS, there is no where so upscale that you can't wear jeans and a nicer casual shirt in B'ham, anywhere in NW Wa.
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:03 AM

Thanks, sgorces, for the tip about Myconos which I note is in the vicinity of the Hampton Inn. We are always at a loss about where to eat in Bellingham.

I?m also glad to know you can recommend the restaurant at Semiahmoo. We haven?t been there since we had a truly amateurish meal there a few years ago.
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:04 AM

I forgot to ask: Have you eaten at the restaurant in the new hotel located on the water not far from Anthony's?
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:36 AM

Located in Fairhaven, the Fairhaven Pub and Martini is good. A local landmark, Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro is down on Railroad. Cafe Akroteri (spelling) is fabulous greek downtown on Cornwall. Bellingham also a bunch of good Thai Restaurants. Basura, The Lemon Grass, and On Rice, all located by the university.

Is there some type of food you specifically want to eat?
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:55 AM

Also across from Boundry Bay brewery is a great wood oven pizza place that we always make a point to have lunch at when we are in the area... La Fioma I think? The Flame? Something like that
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:08 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Fairhaven will offer the best selection, plus shopping and strolling opportunities.

Here's something plagarized from chowhound.com's NW boards:
---
Cafe Toulouse for breakfast, La Fiamma for pizza, Tony's in Fairhaven for coffee, Archer Ale House in Fairhaven for a beer, Dirty Dans for a steak or lamb (not ribs), Pacific Cafe for fancier fare.
---
Our limited experience with Semiahmoo has been negative - overpriced, mainly.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your responses. I went last weekend and we ended up "at the restaurant in the new hotel located on the water not far from Anthony's" as Jimshep noted. Unfortunately, I can't remember its name!

Anthony's seemed a little too upscale for what we wanted, but the bistro (not the restaurant part) in the hotel was just perfect for lunch. Nice view of the water, great food at a reasonable price, and a cosy pub-like environment.
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:56 PM

Hey Blondie, Thanks for the report.