Bellagio at $149 or Paris at $99?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a heck of a time getting my messages to post lately...is there a considerable difference in quality between these 2 properties, i.e., rooms, bathrooms, public areas, pool areas? Which would you choose?
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Hi Horatio,
It looks like there is about a 2 minute delay between your postings, Fodors might be slow today..
I have not stayed at the Paris, you can read here what others say about it, but it is a very nice hotel as far as some of the restaurants and the lobby area and shops. I enjoy Mon Ami Gabi for lunch/brunches and the bakery
We have been staying at the Bellagio now for years. I think for a $50 difference, I would choose the Bellagio, it seems to be overall, a much nicer hotel (not that the Paris is not nice, just that the Bellagio is richer,bigger,better
They have 5 pools or 6, the pool area is just gorgeous. The public areas are very pretty, very clean, there is a garden/Conservatory area, a wonderful spa, some nice galleries (one is a Dale Chihuly ) and shops like Gucci and Prada (my personal favorites)
All of the restaurants are good (IMO)..
The rooms have duvets, huge soft pillows, huge bathrooms with glass shower rooms and a tub you can swim laps in. We always get a room overlooking the Strip & fountains. It is worth it for that view.
I guess that is about all I have to say about the Bellagio
Hope this helps~
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM

HI horatio--did you click on your name? That way anything you have posted will appear. On June 8, you posted that you had chosen Bellagio. Did you change your mind?

We have stayed at Paris twice and loved it, but have never stayed at Bellagio.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 01:49 PM
ltt

you can't go wrong with either but, for $149 i might choose the bellagio just because it is not always that inexpensive. is that a fountain view room?
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, I posted before..and have not actually booked Bellagio to secure the rate, but we might go with another couple and I don't know if they will push for the cheaper choice and I wanted to have my opinion justified..we have stayed at Paris in 2000 ..it was brand new and at 39.00 a night..but some have said it is getting old and certainly the pool area is boring..I did not check out more than the public areas at Bellagio
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 06:34 PM

The Bellagio and Paris are near each other. You stay at the Bellagio and let your traveling companions stay at the Paris (if that is their preference). Then you can run back and forth visiting each other and take advantage of the amenities of both places. Sounds like fun to me.

Enjoy.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 07:23 PM

Disclaimer: I've not stayed at either.

But, I saw Samantha Brown's segment on the Bellagio today on the Travel Channel and I definitely want to stay there. The public areas (lobby, pool, etc.) looked magnificent. I'd like to eat at Picasso's with original Picasso masterpieces on the wall.

Lobby light fixture - 200 handblown Italian glass flowers
6 pools
wonderful rooms
the list goes on....
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Okay, so just when I booked the four nights at 149, our friends now want to come along and the nights have been changed so we have 2 nights at 149 and 2 at 259..still worth it? I sound so cheap but I do have to convert the money into CAD dollars..guess I could stay at Primm for 17 a night, ha,ha!
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM

I went with three girlfriends last summer and we all shared a room at Bellagio. It still cost each of us $90 a night at that! But it was worth it. We took advantage of all of the amenities, saw the Monet exhibit, had a day at the pool, shopped, etc. We ate at one of the restaurants and went to one of the bars but I was actually disappointed in both. We did the breakfast buffet and it was great.

We spent almost as much time in Paris as the Bellagio because we loved the restaurants, Eiffel Tower Bar and shops. I think I would try Paris if I went back because we had so much fun while we were there and I enjoyed the meals more there as well.
But you should stay at the Bellagio at least once in your life if you can afford it.
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM

That lobby light in the Bellagio is so amazing. There are big round sofas for people to sit on and it is funny how many people, especially kids, lie on their backs to look up at the lights on the ceiling.
My favorite lunch years ago was in Olives out on the terrace, just when it got too warm, the fountains were start and we would get misted..and the food was good
I say stay at the Bellagio.lol
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Well now if you're talking about $259 vs $99, then I say forget the Bellagio and stay at Paris! But if you've never stayed at the Bellagio, you should try it once, especially if you can get it at that cheap of a price of $149....but I don't know about $249. But since everybody says it's like the best hotel in Vegas, you might as well check it out. It all depends on what you and your friends are in to. Do you really need all the trendy and expensive shops?? Do the spas really matter to you? Do the galleries really matter to you?? I think both hotels are WAY too crowded for me.
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 11:52 AM

I just stayed at the Bellagio last weekend and loved it. I was attending a conference (at the Mandalay Bay) and decided to stay at the Bellagio because I've always wanted to stay there. I've stayed in a lot of other hotels in LV - but not Paris. I wasn't disappointed. The rooms are beautiful and the pool area is outstanding. If I go back to Las Vegas, I will definitely stay there again.