Beachfront in Fort Lauderdale or Pompano Beach area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone familiar with Fairfield Royal Vista in Pompano Beach or Costa del Sol in Lauderdale by the Sea? Looking for a place with a nice feel, situated directly on the beach.
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 07:51 PM

I drove by this area the other day and wrote down a list of motels & inns on the stretch of beach along El Mar Drive from Commercial Blvd south to where it ends. Costa del Sol is one that looked good (from the outside.) The Little Inn By the Sea gets really good ratings from TripAdvisor.com and I think I've seen some positive postings about The Little Inn on Fodors.

If you want names of some other places I wrote down, just leave a message on this post and I'll check back.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

I came across your list in another post about Florida tonight just a few minutes ago. Very helpful! Thank you so much.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 08:57 PM

We stayed at A Little Inn By The Sea in Lauderdale By The Sea for a week last Oct. Personally, we were very disappointed. The location and beach were great but our room with kitchenette was in great need of a re-do. Saw many others that looked better for the same or less money. This is a beautiful stretch of beach. My family discovered this area over 50 years ago-still love it!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 09:45 PM

I'm glad I could help. I'm also grateful to dotsy for the info about A Little Inn. You never know what the insides of the older places are like unless you've stayed there. Many of the hotels & motels in the Lauderdale area are being renovated. Good luck selecting a place to stay.
Old Sep 27th, 2003, 07:49 AM
GoTravel

My absolute favorite place in Lauderdale By The Sea is The Seaward Ocean Front Motel. It is actually too nice to be a motel in the traditional sense and the only have 6 efficiency rooms(the place has so much charm). They are more like ocean front appartments. If you are interested, the phone #877-311-4141 (no website).

When the Seaward is full we like to stay at The Captains Quarters in LBTS. Also small and charming.

Old Sep 27th, 2003, 02:25 PM

I stayed at the Little Inn by the Sea in May and was disappointed by the rooms -- if the rooms were $30 cheaper I would have no complaints, but it was overpriced. There are many on this board that swear by the Inn and needless to say I was lambasted when I posted my trip report on the Inn. The beach access was great though.

I walked by the Costa del Sol quite a few times. It looks new and I made a mental note to check it out if I ever went back.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:27 AM
EJC

I'll be going to Faifield Royal Vista next Sat. 10/11-10/18
If I'm not posting to late,I'll let you know how it is when I return. When are you planning on going?
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Definitely not posting too late -- we're looking at end of October and perhaps again during the winter. Thanks!