Fort Lauderdale

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Angela

Fort Lauderdale

Anyone ever stayed at the BEst WEstern Pelican BEach resort??? I have stayed at the Oceanside Inn and it was OK. Best western wouldn't be my first choice but when it's free. . .

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:14 PM
pam

My husband and I stayed here in June. (I thought they were undergoing construction and building a new one.) It is right on the beach, very good breakfast selection is included. No beach chaise rental fees and free parking. I found it to be very clean, and o.k. There is nothing great a long A1A. All places are dated and in need of face lifts. The only complaint I would have is I hope you have a car because it isn't really close to any of the restaurants on A1A. You would have to take a bus or cab down there. Other than that for free, it is a great place with a wonderful stretch of beach right in front, clean, and a nice staff. Enjoy.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:53 AM
xxx

If you can get the Best Western oceanside for free you may enjoy it more as it is closer to everything in Ft. L.it is on the same side of the street as the ocean, but is the view is blocked by the Sheraton clipper. Its on a nice section of beach and you can walk to everything.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Angela

Are there any other places to stay in Fort Lauderdale you could suggest other than a best western close to restaurants, etc?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Stephanie P.

Angela:

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (LBTS), FL (5 miles north of Ft. L.). No motel can be above 3 stories so it has a beachtown atmosphere. There is a small shopping/restaurant section of it (Commerce & A1A & El Mar Drive) where there are about 8 different restaurants, maybe more, along with souvenir shops (Macs Groves is best), newstand, Walgreens & laundromat (on A1A). If you go down Commerce (short walk/drive) opposite of LBTS beach there will be a drawbridge you can go over and you will be in Ft. L. again. There are many restaurants on that side of the Intercostal Waterway. I'd suggest staying at Little Inn by The Sea if you like oceanfront. It's a B&B that gives you a complimentary breakfast every morning. Walked in there - a really classy place. If not that you could stay just across the street (which still is very close) at Blue Seas Courtyard or Coral Key Inn.

If you could stay at any Best Western free, maybe you could try the one in Pompano Beach. I walked to Pompano (via the beach) from LBTS and saw from the ocean the BW and it had attractive oceanfront balconies. However, having never been there I couldn't tell you if you would be close to restaurants or shopping. However, I have seen buses come from Pompano and go through LBTS (via A1A) on a regular basis that go to downtown Ft. L.