Fort Lauderdale beach chair rentals / and Irelands Inn

Notices

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two questions:

1. The website for Irelands Inn in FLL is down. Does anyone know if the hotel is still open?

2. If I end up staying at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that is not on the beach, can you rent chaisse lounges and umbrellas from others on the main beach?

Thanks.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 04:33 PM

Last time I went to the beach in Fort Lauderdale, there was a man who had a stack of chairs he rented. They were gone before noon.
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 05:36 AM

Hleesa, When we vactioned in Fort Lauderdale for a week (4 years ago) they did have beach chair and umbrella rentals right on the main beach. However, we did not rent them. There are also several souvenier and hotel type stores where you can buy chairs. If you are staying for a week, as we did, this would have been the way to go - so fas as being cost effective. Sorry I don't know anything about the Irelands Inn. We stayed at the Radisson Bahia Mar on A1A and it was great for what we needed. If you would like anymore information about it, or Fort Lauderdale and what we did, I will be happy to report what we enjoyed... Vacationmom
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Would you recommend the Bahia Mar?
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 04:58 PM

I found a website roomsaver.com that offers discount coupons for hotels. They list the Ireland's Inn with a rate of $79 for a courtside room (1-2 people) & $119 for a oceanview room-rates good thru 6/1/03. The hotel tel # is 954 565 6661. Have no personal experience with the website or hotel.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:29 PM

Hleesa, I am so sorry. I just now saw where you had posted back about the Bahia Mar. I hope I am not too late. Yes, I would recommend it. It was very nice, clean and in a good location for us. The pool area is up on a deck and you can sit and the pool and view the ocean and all of its activities. There is a cross bridge that leads from the pool area over to the beachfront without having to cross A1A, which is a busy street. We had a wonderful time when we went to Fort Lauderdale. Very relaxing if you want, or plenty to do if you want. Make sure you take the water taxi and see all the beautiful homes..... Let me know if I can help more. Once again, sorry I didn't see your post...... Vacationmom
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 04:02 PM

I just got back 2 days ago from Ireland's Inn- yes, its still there, and was wonderful!

As for your other question, I do not know; it would probably depend on which hotel you were near. At Ireland's Inn, beach chairs were complementary, and umbrellas/cabanas were $10/day. They did not seem to notice if you were staying there or not.

One other option would be to go to Walmart or Walgreens and buy some inexpensive chairs. Even if you leave them in Florida, you will probably pay far less than renting every day.

Good luck, and have a nice trip!