Beach travel with baby

Search

Beach travel with baby

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beach travel with baby

Going to FL with our 12 month old in April. Hotel is across street from beach and beach is quite wide. About 10-15 minute walk. Thinking about renting a jogging stroller. Ok to use jogging stroller on the beach? I've heard it works on gravel and rugged terrain. Just wondering how well it works on the beach. Thanks!

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 08:39 AM

Get one with the bike-type wheels. And then realize it will work like a bike on the sand. Nothing really goes through soft dry sand easily, but the jogger will go through better than a traditional stroller.

Also, my toddler was scared to death or the surf. We purchased a small inflatable pool and filled it with water, placed it under the umbrella and he was a happy camper.
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 08:55 AM
GoTravel

Get a cover of some sort for the baby on the beach.

The jogging stroller will not work worth a rip either. You'll have to pick baby and stroller up and carry in soft sand.

My suggestion would be a cheap umbrella stroller. The salt air, ocean water, and sand will rust the metal parts pretty quick.

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 09:32 AM

We just used our regular travel stroller that we had brought on the trip and then left it up by a tree near the sidewalk and carried the kid to the beach. Anyone who is going to steal a stroller is a sick person.

http://www.onestepahead.com has all sorts of cool travel gear. A little travel bottle of baby powder is great for getting sand off of babies. And if your child is walking, you might want to buy some cheap water shoes. Our daughter was freaked out by sand and wouldn't set foot in it without her shoes. We would try to put her down and she would cry and do the jelly leg thing.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help!