Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Search

Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baltimore's Inner Harbor

We would like to stay at a nice hotel looking out over the Inner Harbor while we are in town for an Orioles game in April. Can any of you Fodorites offer suggestions for our family. The youngest is a 11.
Thanks.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:54 AM

I've stayed at the Marriott and the Holiday Inn which are both as close as you can get to Camden Yards and are within walking distance to the Inner Harbor. Wasn't wildly impressed with the Marriott's service as our room wasn't available when we flew in for a ballgame and we ended up being late for the game which was either a late afternoon or night game (I can't remember now exactly) because of it. The desk staff were completely unapologetic and it seemed as though this was a common problem as people were lined up waiting for rooms. I finally asked to see the manager who then gave us a voucher for free drinks and snacks at the bar while we waited for our room to be ready which was way after the 3:00 pm check-in time. Holiday Inn was okay although I found a dead cockroach in my room. When I just casually mentioned it when we checked out, the desk clerk comped one of our nights which was very nice of him. Hope this helps some even though this info. isn't exactly what you're looking for.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

So noted. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM

My top choices for hotels overlooking the Inner Harbor are:

1. The Renaissance Harborplace

http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/bw...orplace-hotel/

2. Pier 5 Hotel

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM

The Marriott waterfront is located a short walk from actual Inner Harbor..in a hot new area Harbor East. Also, the Hyatt is very close to Camden Yards and overlooks Harbor. Also, the Intercontinental Harbor Court is alittle more upscale and $. Lots of fun things to do with your 11 year old. Have fun and go O's!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 12:18 PM

You should be aware that there are two different Marriots by the inner harbor, and people sometimes get confused. The one that Aremorra mentions is probably the Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. As you would guess, this one is very close to Camden Yards. The Marriott Waterfront which Polaris mentions is further away, but is the nicer of the two.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM

I had to check my email 'cause I knew that somewhere I had some photos of the Yankees that a friend's friend sent me when she went to Baltimore last August and saw them at their hotel. It was the nicer Marriott (not the one that I had stayed at that's literally across the street from Camden Yards) but the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. No guarantee that other teams use this hotel or that the Yankees will stay there again this season but you could certainly check it out. My friend's friend even met a couple of the Yankees there at the hotel bar and got some great photos of the players outside the hotel.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all with your helpful tips. We've settled on one of your recommendations, got a great internet rate, and are looking forward to the visit. Fodorites are the best.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM

We loved the Hyatt! The location right by the waterfront is perfect and you can walk to all the attractions! I do not advise eating at Ruth Chris!! The atmosphere and service were great but the food left a lot to be desired and was completely overpriced for what you got!