Notices

baltimore restaurants

Old Jul 10th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baltimore restaurants

Per someone's request--now titled baltimore restaurants--do you have any favorites?? we will be in baltimore next weekend and would appreciate any suggestions??? thanks in advance jan
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM

Wow, I think there are so many to choose from. Are you looking for fancy, casual, seafood, steaks, crab house, piano bar, on and on?
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

How about a couple of suggestions--some fancy and some casual--we will be there for four nights--thanks so much. jan
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Amicci's in Little Italy. Great food at a reasonable price. We go there every time we are in Baltimore. They have a website amiccis.com. You've got to try their Pane rotundo -- bread covered with shrimp in a creamy sauce.

For lunch, if you like mussels, in Fells Point, Bertha's -- you gotta eat bertha's mussels.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM

Tavola in Little Italy is a favorite. For dessert, stroll the neighborhood to a local bakery / coffee shop and lunge into some great Italian pastry - the cannoli are to die for!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 05:18 PM

Baltimore looks great with lots of harbor spots with GREAT views...Bay Cafe in Canton (Key West feel). Little Havana for brunch (single scene big time on Fri, and Sat.) on Key highway just west of Federal Hill. Rusty Scupper is touristy, but has wonderful view and good food.Nice deck. Inner Harbor has lots of outdoor spots and Phillips and others have good crab cakes. A new hot spot is Nicks fishmarket just off Hanover street (South) has a crab shack and lots of fun (crowded, and a wait..but you can watch the power boaters try to dock!!!)
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 02:33 AM

Try Coburns in Canton ( lots of interesting places in that part of the city) Tio Pepe is a very tradtional Spanish Restaurant...Baltimore natives favorite restaurant for the last 39 years. Stay away from the Inner Harbor...most restaurants are for tourists!
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Hi jlpx2! Hope you enjoy your trip here...

I've lived in Baltimore for six years now, and I and a group of friends have made a special point of visiting as many area restaraunts as possible. Cartera45 is correct in stating that there are a lot to choose from!

Baylady made some good recommendations for the "Pub and Seafood" type of places (the Bay Cafe sometimes has a Jimmy Buffet cover band...good times...) but if you want my 2 cents, here goes:

Thai Food: Thai Landing (1207 N Charles St) is my favorite Thai place in Baltimore. If you like spicy food, these people aren't kidding around. But it's the flavors that keep me coming back...The number is (410) 727-1234.

Mexican Food: Blue Agave (1032 Light Street) is in the Federal Hill area of Baltimore. They have the best Mexican food I have ever had, anywhere. Definitely make a reservation, though...this place gets crowded. They have excellent margaritas as well. The phone number is (410) 576-3938.

Afghan Cuisine: The Helmand (806 N Charles St) is owned by Hamid Karzai's brother, believe it or not. It's a cool little place, slightly trendy and upscale, but with great food. The phone number is (410) 752-0311.

Indian Food: Banjara (1017 S Charles St
) is my favorite place in Baltimore for Indian food. The Ambassador gets more press, but the food is the same quality at Banjara (in my opinion) and it is less expensive. The phone number is (410) 962-1554.

Coffee and Dessert: You can't beat Vaccaro's in Little Italy. I think its the one on Abemarle Street (there are several in the area). They have all kinds of Italian pastries, coffee, espresso, and gelato. Be prepared to wait in line; they don't take reservations and it gets pretty busy. Worth the wait, though...and it usually is only 10 minutes max.

Hope this all is helpful to you.