Search

Great Restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy

Hello,

Has anyone ever been to any of these Little Italy restaurants in Baltimore and can comment on them:

Sabatinos
Chiapparellis
Da Mimmo
Della Notte

Looking for a place that is a little quaint, with just really good food.

Thanks!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 05:33 PM

If you are looking for a little quaint with really good food and reasonably priced, you want to try Amicci's. Their Pane Rotundo is wonderful. This is our favorite place to eat in Baltimore.

http://www.amiccis.com/dinner.htm

For lunch, Bertha's at Fells Point -- Eat Bertha's Mussels.

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 03:59 AM
kao

I second that emotion. Amicci's would be my first choice as well.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:31 AM
LN

Hi

I've been to the first three. I used to love the salad at Sabatinos but the dressing can be a bit pungent at times and then too there was a bit of a problem about two years ago so maybe it could still be iffy. Chiapparellis and and DaMimmo's are good but on weekends the wait can be loooong.

If you have the opportunity it's always fun to take the water taxi around the Baltimore harbor, stop and walk around an area and/or eat, and then catch the next water taxi.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:53 AM

Regardless of where you choose to eat (I've been to the 1st 2 on your list several times and have had consistently good food), wander the streets of Little Italy after dinner (to lose the food coma!) and head to Vaccaro's for dessert. A wonderful selection of Italian desserts and pastries, and their cannolli is quite good.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Vacarro's is definitely where we are going for desert; that's the one place we have been to a few times. We've headed up there just for Vacarro's at times.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 04:43 AM

Summer2: Just to add my two cents, please consider Aldo's. Incredible food, and the ambience and service are superb. While many of the other restaurants have been around for awhile, Aldo's has a very fresh decor. Although its fairly small, they have several different dining areas to choose from. The wine cellar has several tables, very cozy and intimate. My favorite. They have traditional Italian dishes with red sauces, etc., but much much more. Northern Italian and Italian seafood specialties. I'm born and raised in Maryland, have frequented most of Little Italy's restaurants many times...Aldo's is by far my favorite and has been for several years now. But in all honesty, any one of those on your list will do you well.