Search

BAD, BAD Disney

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Misty

BAD, BAD Disney

I just returned from a three day trip to the Beach Club in Orlando at Disney and although the resort was pretty nice ( I have stayed at much better for much less )...I woke up the first morning at 9 am to sounds of drills and hammers in the room above us. This continues very loudly for over an hour before we called and asked if they could stop. The lady at the front desk said the whole hotel was under construction from 9-5 daily and there was nothing we could do. I understand these aren't unreasonable hours but when you are paying over $300/night shouldn't you be able to sleep late ( we are night owls ). At the very least I feel the hotel should have told us they were under construction so that we could have found another place to stay. Any recourse? I thought Disney was the "best of customer service"....

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
x

Disney the "best of customer service"

That's a funny concept. They soak their guests for as much as they can and then soak them for more.

The only people who seem to love Disney hotels are the poor souls who really can't afford the place and save all year long. The idea of Disney taking extreme advantage of them never occurs.

Did you ask to switch resorts?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
yrt

Maybe we can file a class action!!!!

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:54 AM
me

We had already spend one night and had unpacked, didn't feel like moving...I just thinkg they should have told us, discounted our room, SOMETHING!

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:14 AM
Daisy

I second the comment above, with emphasis: "Disney - the best of customer service"???? Hee hee hee hah hah hah ho ho ho ho tee hee hah hah HAH!!!! Not even close. Customers=sheep, get them fleeced as often and in as many ways as possible. Smile at them from plastic masks and you can get away with ANYTHING!!!

Glad you posted, Misty, just one more demonstration to warn the unwary.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:36 AM
Mike

Did you talk to a manager? Did you talk to a supervisor? It is possible the front desk person wasn't in a position to give you a discount, but someone higher could have.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Bee

Those little town blues.....
Are melting away.....

We'll make a brand new start of it....
In old New York.......

If I can..MAKE it there....
I'll MAKE it...anywhere.....

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:07 AM
old

Oh... I love that song!

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
confused

great song, Bee, but what does it have to do with Orlando and Disney?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Bee

You know, the Disneyfication of New York and Times Square.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:33 AM
Diz

The front desk should have compensated you - perhaps put you on a complimentary cruise on the Disney Magic !!!! lol

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:39 PM
Jack

If you had bothered to do any research you would have found out that hotel is under construction. And to demand compensation on top of being comped for a room is crazy. Caveat Emptor.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:42 PM
xxx

I think this is the same crazy troll that hates slamming hotel doors and was pissed because someone interupted his CNN.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:46 PM
dick

Read Jack, read. Understand Jack, understand. Learn Jack, learn. Don't stick foot in mouth, Jack, don't stick foot in mouth.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:52 PM
beachbum

You won't get any sympathy or advice from this bunch, Misty. Since you chose not to press the issue when you were there, I wouldn't do it now. Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
OliveOyl

Jack--her room wasn't comped. She would like it to be, but she says they paid over $300/night.

While I sympathize with you Misty, I also see the other side of the picture, as my husband runs, and we live in, a hotel that is just finishing a 10 million $$ renovation. These occur as often as every 3-4 years with some degree of noise involved, and I doubt there has ever been one that hasn't had at least one noise complaint, no matter how you try to accommodate everyone. We take our floors out one at a time so there is no side to side noise nor are there construction workers running around with the guests, everyone stepping over and around their mess. Up and down noise should be minimal, but if there are jackhammers or drills, yes some gets through. The object is to get in and out as quickly as possible with the least disruption of service. Plumbers, tile or marble people, painters all have their days to come in, do their things and get out and it's tightly scheduled. If one room or group is disrupted, (you would have had them not working until sometime past 10AM, when you finally called--11 or 12?) it throws the entire process off. And if no work started until every guest were up and about, the renovation would drag on for months. Your situation was a bit different in that you were in a resort and ours is a business hotel where people are normally up earlier, but I honestly think 9 is a pretty reasonable start time.

xxx--part of this renovation included some sort of device that makes it impossible to slam our doors. Toss them as hard as you wish, but they will not slam.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
mm

Suck it up Misty. Be glad you can afford to spend $300 on a room in the first place. If you don't take action concerning these things while you are there, then don't expect any post-compensation.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Walt

Misty-that's what you get for lolling in bed all day. If you would have gotten your fat ass up you wouldn't have been bothered by the noise.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
Sammy

I have always found Disney accomadations to be convient and well worth the money they charge. The staff is friendly and grounds are clean. Good value for your money. I do not think you should complain when they are trying to better the place. No free hand outs.