Search

Back from Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from Kauai

Hi everyone, its been a week since we got back from an incredible trip to Kauai and as you can see, I am still on Hawaii time! A small price to pay.
Just wanted to thank everyone who helped out with valuable suggestions, I don't think we would have ever found Pono's market (where my son insisted on going back for the fried chicken a second time even though it meant he had to wake up early so we could be there by 11) We actually didn't make it until almost 12 but lucked out. We really liked their sushi too & the manjus. We had an amazing time at Tunnels & Ke'e Beach (my favorite) spent some time at other beaches such as Anini, Secret & Poipu (watch out for the rocks) We enjoyed the food at many suggested &restaurants such as Kauai Pasta, Keoki's, Roy's for their marvellous souffle, Joe's on the Green (food was mediocre, nice location), Duke's & JJ Broiler which I do not remember reading about on this Board but again, great location. Hopefully I will be posting a detailed trip report soon but if anyone needs any quick help, let me know. The helicopter flight w/o doors had unbelievable views, I thoroughly recommend it.
I'm glad we had a tentative plan for each day, the last 2 days were very loose but this way we had done everything we absolutely wanted to do without wasting too much time deciding on the plan every morning.
Thanks to those who responded to my last minute shopping suggestions question. We did end up getting some items from the stalls outside Spouting Horn but I am kicking myself for not purchasing a Tahitian pearl pendant that I liked at the Hawaiian Trading Post. We had kept shopping for the last day, this was our first stop & I thought I may find something I like better elsewhere or in Oahu but did not like anything as much & of course had not taken down any information about it. Oh well, I'll get over it! But thank you all so much, it was a wonderful trip, more about it later.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 04:04 AM

Look forward to more details. Where did you stay?
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 05:05 AM

I am glad you had a good time. I loved Kauai and we also did a helicopter ride (with doors). The view was awesome and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I will never forget it or the beautiful island of Kauai. It was my favorite. There was no place like it at all. I loved the beaches you mention as well.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

We stayed at the Point in Poipu, right next to the Hyatt, there was a path along the beach that led to the Hyatt.It was a large 2 br unit with a washer dryer right next to the kitchen which was a blessing since we washed our beach towels, swimwear etc every night. I wish I had packed lighter! We had a one week rental or else I would have liked to stay a couple of days on the North Shore as well but the kids were glad to be in one place, especially since we had so much space.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM
iceeu2

ec, guess you'll just have to go back to the Hawaiian Trading Post so you can get that pearl!!!!!!!! Great reason for going back to the boring place, huh?

So glad y'all had fun.i'2

Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM

Makes me want to put on my Hawiian CD's. Kauai is our favorite and I'm ready to go again. Have enjoyed many of the places you mentioned seveal times - when it's good you keep going back. We were just there in February for our 25th Anniversary Generally we rent Condo's but this was a short visit and we felt like being pampered so we stayed at the Hyatt - quite a treat.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM

I'm glad you had a good time. Tell us more about your meal at JJ's Broiler. I've not been and I'll be on island in 13 days 8-) and may try it our this time.