Notices

Upcoming Kauai Trip

Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upcoming Kauai Trip

Hi all!
My family and I are headed to Kauai from May 29-June 6. We are staying in a 2 bedroom at The Point at Poipu, and we are bringing our two kids ages 2 and 1 and our babysitter age 16. We're there a while, and mostly want to relax and enjoy the water and sun (and being away from home). We've been to Oahu, Maui, and Big Island.. and the only thing we feel we missed was North Shore, Oahu. Do you think it's worth a day trip to go there? What other suggestions do you have for our stay?

Thanks,
LSUsajani
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:33 PM

If relaxation is your primary goal, I highly recommend you stay put and enjoy beautiful Kauai. For a day trip that doesn't involve schlepping everyone to an airport and packing up everything (stressful for me, especially with children), just take a leisurely drive up the coast to the north side of Kauai and check out Hanelei for the day. You will fall in love with this area-gorgeous scenery, good restaurants, nice beaches, and cute town. You will not be disappointed.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Ditto to visiting the north side of Kauai.

At The Point you're close to the Hyatt with all their amenities and walkways. You'll have great ocean views, coves, can see turtles, but ocean swimming unsafe. Nearby Poipu Beach Park has a calm protected corner for tiny keiki to enjoy the ocean, offers shade, play structures and large grassy areas.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM

North shore Kauai ( Princeville, Hanalei) will blow the socks off of North shore Oahu, unless Pipeline is blowing.

Spend your time in north Kauai. I certainly wouldn't make trip to Oahu from Kauai.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Wonderful! Thanks for the input, I think we're going to stay put and explore our little island of Kauai to it's fullest.

Thanks again!
LSUsajani
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:03 PM

I agree with the others. The North Shore of Kauai is fabulous. Be sure to drive to the end of the road and check our Ke'e Beach and get a glimpse of the Na Pali Coastline.