Bachelor Party in NYC

Search

Bachelor Party in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bachelor Party in NYC

5 of us are heading to NYC for a bachelor party. The groom has never been. We are planning on going in Mid-August. We definitely want to hit a ball game and a show. We will be in the area for 5 days and 4 nights. What airport is the best to fly into if we are wanting to stay at a hotel near time square. Please tell us some does and don'ts. What to see and how to maximize are time.

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM

Wow, where to begin?!?

If possible, you should fly into LGA. It's much more convenient to midtown than JFK or EWR. Of course, if it's cheaper to fly into JFK or EWR, do so (at least $50 cheaper, in my opinion).

By law, taxis' max is 4 people, so if all 5 of your group are flying in together, 2 taxis or a car service will be your best bet. Call the car service to see what kind of deal they can offer for 5 -- (212) 777-7777 -- it might be less expensive than 2 taxis (not to mention more fun).

Yankees info --

www.yankees.com

Now, on to the most important stuff -- bachelor debauchery. What kind of things do you want to do? How old is the group? I can suggest bars etc, including several awesome pub crawls, but I'll need some more info.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM

My husband and his guys had a great time at their NYC bachelor party. Some bars to consider: Brother Jimmy's BBQ and Booze, which has several locations (especially if any of your group is Southern!). It's basically an ACC sports bar, and has a great atmosphere.

Also, McSorley's Ale House is a classic (East Village, at 15 E. 7th Street). You buy beer by the round, and on a busy night, they'll tell you to drink or go home!

As far as a show, if you mean a Broadway show I would suggest Jersey Boys. It's based on the story of Franki Valli and the Four Seasons, and definitely has "guy appeal." You might also consider Spamalot or The Wedding Singer.

Have a great time!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:27 AM

As far as the ballgames are concerned the Yankees are in town from the 11th through the 17. It is likely at least some of these games are sold out. So if you're intrested get tickets from the web site NOW! Otherwise you can try e-bay or one of the on-line scalpers (we find stubhub.com not to be one of the most expensive ones). If you have to do e-bay or scalper plan on about double face value of tickets - since it's not the Sox.

For other dates you can get the Mets - tickets are easier - but if you want good ones also try to get them ASAP.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:30 AM

Um, Scores...enough said.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:39 AM

If strip clubs are on your agenda, the original Scores on E. 60th Street is famous, and infamous. Bring a TON of cash and look good if you want to get past the bouncers.

(When you stumble out of Scores, you can get a great slice of pizza at John & Tony's, open 24/7, on the corner of First Avenue about 50 yards east.)