Search

Avenue Inn B&B NO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Wendy

Avenue Inn B&B NO

I have just booked a room at the Avenue Inn B&B in New Orleans. Has anyone stayed here or know anything about it?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 05:24 PM
susan

Wendy - never heard of it. Is it licensed?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Laurie

Is this the Avenue hotel on St Charles in the garden district?

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:04 AM
wendy

Yes it is in the Garden district right on St. Charles Ave. I checked out the web site and looks like a very nice place. Thanks for the replies.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:31 AM
NONative

The website does look nice. Just FYI, this property is on St. Charles but is not in the Garden District. It's more "Uptown."

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:29 AM
J Correa

I don't know anything about that particular Inn, but I looked it up to see where it is, and it is Uptown rather than in the Garden District. Uptown is still a nice area though, and from it's location right on St. Charles Ave, you have very easy access to the streetcar. You just are in a newer part of town.

One thing to be careful of in New Orleans, and probably elsewhere too, is that there are many B&Bs that aren't licensed or look a lot better on the web site than in person.

A good resource for checking into B&Bs is: http://www.bbnola.com/index.html

This is a web site operated by the Professional Innkeepers Association of New Orleans and is very helpful.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Laurie

Is the property that you are thinking of staying at the Avenue Plaza Hotel at 2111 St Charles?If so,my family stayed here several years ago.It is not a bed and breakfast,but each room does include a kitchenette, which was nice. The hotel is not as nice as it looks on the website, though. The rooms are fairly large, but there was a strange smell, especially in the hallways. Kind of musty,but we were there in the summer. The St Charles streetcar stops directly in front of this hotel. I love to go to New Orleans,but I prefer to stay closer to the French Quarter. The Avenue Plaza not special,but liveable.I hope this helps. Have a great time in New Orleans! Laurie

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Dan

Avenue Plaza is a hotel. Avenue Inn is a B&B. They each have a website.