aug 24- sept 20

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aug 24- sept 20

will be in alaska 27 days on the above dates. flying into anchorage and renting a car. do i need reservations for accom. and tours? thanks for help
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 12:28 PM
CalgirlSusan

Please re-read your title. Why on earth would you title a request for specific information about Alaska the way you did? Do you suppose the answers to your questions would be any different for those specific dates that if you were going say, August 30 to September 30?

I mean this to be a helpful hint. If you want people to click on your question and give you answers then you should be putting using a title that will attract the people with knowledge about the places and things you want to know.

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 01:29 PM
kd

I traveled for a week to Alaska several years ago in June. I made all reservations in hostels in advance. One private hostel was not to my liking so I set out in search of a motel. I blew my budget on that one night. My advice to you is to reserve your hotels in advance as August is peak travel time in Alaska. I'm not sure which tours you intend to reserve. I had no problems getting a reservation for tour through Denali same day.
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:20 PM

I would highly recommend making reservations in advance for the accomodations. We went to Alaska this year, tried to go last year, and found the accomodations were booked 7 months out. After that experience, I wouldn't think of going to Alaska without making reservations for accomodations.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 06:12 AM

You will definatly need reservation for about the first 10 days. They rest you could probably book once there- but in advance. I strongly suggest you head to Denali Park first - if that is of interest. The shuttle buses close down 9-11.