Atlanta hotel

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:06 PM
stuart

Atlanta hotel

We will be in Atlanta for one night in November. What would be a nice centrally located hotel to enjoy our one evening in this city? Any restaurant recommendations?

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:12 PM
Jen

I had one of the best dinning experiences at the Sundial which is at the top of the Westin Peachtree Hotel. It rotates so fabulous view and just great food and outstanding service. Had drinks in the lounge in the hotel as well - very nice. I'd bet the hotel itself is a great place to stay.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:16 PM
margaret

Daley's is a lovely seafood restaurant that I go to when I'm in town. I often walk from my hotel. Last time I was in Atlanta, I stayed at the Westin for a convention. It was fine, not exactly Westin's typical quality. But then I was there 5 years ago.
Daley's, though, I heartily recommend.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:55 AM

Westin recently had 30 million dollar renovation, check it out, nice.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:26 AM
stuart

Thanks for the suggestions! Any other hotel recommendations?

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:53 AM
xxx

Agree with the other poster about Dailey's. Stay at either the Westin or The Ritz Carleton downtown.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:16 PM
eat and run

If you can get reservations, Seegers. Very costly, but oh so worth it!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:46 AM
todd

While there are several nice hotels downtown (Westin, Ritz), there are also several nice hotels in the midtown area, which is just a couple miles north on Peachtree (runs through the heart of Atlanta).

In Midtown, check out the Four Seasons on 14th street, the Georgian Terrace on Peachtree, or the Wyndham at 10th & P'tree. I've just always thought that Midtown is a more pedestrian friendly area than downtown. You've got some good restaurants/bars right around the corner from the Four Seasons, like Vickery's (all-around food), South City Kitchen (eclectic southern), Pasta Di Pulcinella (Italian), El Zocalo (mexi), Tamarind (Thai), and Nickiemoto's (sushi).

Not to mention Piedmont Park is within walking distance, and easy access to the interstates.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:29 AM
stuart

Thanks again for the suggestions. I will start checking rates. Looking forward to my first time in this city.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:12 PM
Katrina

I would agree with the Midtown advice. ALthough the downtown area is nice, Midtown has alot from character and charm.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Sally

Swissotel, in Buckhead

Restaurants either Dante's (Fondue) or Fogo De Chao on Peachtree. (Both have websites do a search on Google)

Before your dinner reservation, take a cab or your car down Peachtree and enjoy the High Musuem of Art.