Search

nashville lodging

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 08:55 AM
David

nashville lodging

I am going to nashville and am currently booked at the courtyard marriott on N. 4th street. I can't find any comments on that hotel. Since Marriotts are very consistant, I am more concerned about the area than the hotel. Is this a good part of town and a relative safe area to be staying?

Thanks for your comments.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Rich

That's probably as safe as anyplace else in downtown Nashville. While downtown can be kind of seedy, the Courtyard is in a pretty busy part with a lot of pedestrian traffic, which is a good thing as far as safety goes.

If you want to be staying downtown, then that is as good a location as any other. If you aren't planning on spending a lot of time downtown, though, I would stay someplace else, mostly for convenience's sake. (I mean, if you are planning on spending most of your time in the Opryland area or the Vanderbilt area, then it doesn't make sense to stay on 4th Avenue downtown).

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Stephanie P.

David:

Go to: lodging.com and look up hotels in Nashville. They give ratings and photos of properties.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:08 AM
David

thanks for the information. Our agenda includes going to the Grand Ole Oprey, the Country Music Museum and taking in the local nightlife, which I am told is on 2nd street. Do you suggest staying in downtown, or is there a better spot for such an agenda?

Thanks again for the help.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Cathi

The newest Hotel downtown is the Hilton Suites on 4th Ave...it is right across the parking lot from the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum. Very close to downtown. Within walking distance of the Original Grand Ole Opryhouse and 2nd Ave.. The new one is off of Briley next to Opryland Hotel.