Athens, GA

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Jim

Athens, GA

Is the Jimmy Carter presidential library in Athens? I was wondering what people think of it. I figure there must a peanut display and probably cans of Billy beer for sale there. Are there any pictures of Jimmy and Fidel Castro together?

Pardon me, I'm feeling a terrible malaise coming over me ...

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Roger

What happened the time he was "attacked" by a ferocious bunny rabbit? Does anyone remember that story.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Kat

The Jimmy Carter Center (and library) is not in Athens, GA. It is in Atlanta. I thought it was very interesting--in addition to a beautiful facility and garden area, there was much to learn about Jimmy Carter, especially his contributions to the Middle East peace process and his presidency.
Check it out for yourself:
http://www.cartercenter.org/

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:54 PM
xxx

In case you hadn't heard, Jimmy Carter just won the Nobel Peace prize. His dedication to peace while president and after his presidency--as well as his involvement in Habitat for Humanity--is in marked contrast to the activities of other former presidents.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 03:29 PM
american

It's also in marked contrast to the current president.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Bob Brown

to: Jim Not work.
Mr. Carter has probably done more good in the last 5 minutes than you have done to date and will do in the future.
Just because he raised peanuts does not mean he thinks like one, and people who don't raise them do indeed think like peanuts, i.e. they are in a persistent vegetative state although ambulatory.

Why in the world would you harbor the idea that the Carter Library was in Athens? It is a little east of downtown Atlanta, in case you really wanted to know. (Which I doubt.)

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
jimmy

My museum is in Atlanta.
Athens, GA is the armpit of America.