Astronomy programs on Maui?

May 28th, 2000, 06:50 PM
Bob

Astronomy programs on Maui?

We are going to Maui in several weeks. In all my web searching, I remember reading something about an astronomy program on Maui...And that there is an early evening as well as a late night program. I can't seem to find it again! I've searched this site and not found any responses, and am hoping someone has information regarding this.

May 28th, 2000, 09:59 PM
Lani

Bob,

I believe they have an astronomy program at the Hyatt Regency Kaanapali Beach. Call them or check their website - good luck!

May 29th, 2000, 05:10 AM
Charlie

Hi Bob
Lani is correct the astronomy program is at the Hyatt.We did it last Sept. and knowing nothing of astronomy we found it interesting.There were two sessions per night(we attended at 10PM)and if I remember the cost was about $40 PP with a duration of approx. 1 hour.The shows are on the roof of the Hyatt and are usually sold out so call ahead for a reservation and call again just before you go to check on weather(clouds ??).Have fun !!!!!

May 29th, 2000, 05:54 AM
sandra engley

The Haleakala Sunset Stargazing tour is offered by Polynesian Adventures. The web site is www.polyad.com

We are considering the same tour, from pick up to return to hotel runs about 3pm to 10 pm. They provide a computer guided telescope. This sounds much more agreeable compared to the sunrise tour.

Please update this post and let us know how things turn out, which tour you take. Thanks, Sandra

May 29th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Bob

Thanks for the responses. I think it was the Hyatt I had read about, but the other sounds interesting as well. I'll let you know what we did and how it was when we return!

Jun 28th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Ed Mahoney

The Hyatt Regency Maui at the Kaanapali Resort offers a nightly "Tour of the Stars". Shows are at 8,9,10 and on Fri and Sat they have an 11pm "Romance tour of the stars featuring strawberries and champagne. They use 16" and 12'reflectors and 80mm binocs.

Search this Thread