Search

Art/Hunting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Art/Hunting

I have looked a bit at Montrose and it seems to be a great place to hunt as well as provide some art galleries - my spouse and I have very different interests. Do any of you know any other places in Colorado or other states nearby that would satisfy both of our hobbies. I would also like to take an art class while he is hunting if at all possible. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM

You'll probably get better responses if you repost and put Montrose or at least Colorado in your title. I'm interested in Montrose as well so I hope you get some good responses!
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 07:41 AM
TheWeasel

"You'll probably get better responses if you repost and put Montrose or at least Colorado in your title."

No, she's not looking for info on Montrose. Sounds more like she knows Montrose is an option, but is looking for other places that have good hunting and art galleries.

I can only think of somewhere in New Mexico, such as the Taos or Santa Fe area. I think you'd be best off asking your spouse to come up with some great hunting areas, and then try to figure out if any of them are near art galleries. I doubt you'll find many people on here are familiar with where to go for good hunting.

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 08:21 AM

Well, what does he want to hunt? If he is anything like the hunters in my world, that is FAR more important than the location (town). Hunting/ fishing camps attest to that.

In addition to Colorado, I would say Montana or Wyoming. Alaska and Canada too - but that opens up too much geography for an art class search.

Most of the time I stayed home. I would go to Island Park, Idaho and roam around Yellowstone on my own, but even though we were at the same place at night it was really more like two separate vacations.

Why not let him go hunting and you go to a great place you want to see and take an art class there?
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

I am going to repost with Montrose added to the title. I had realized that I should have right after I posted. I have read some things about the possiblities of Santa Fe that does look promising so I may post there as well. Yes, we could travel separately, and that may be best, but you can't blame me for trying - the man is the love of my life!
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:26 AM

Check out Salida - there is some GREAT food there too.