Search

Arlington

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arlington

HI

My husband and I will be going to a Cowboys game in a couple of weeks. We would appreciate restaurant recommendations. Also, I would like to go to a spa. Any spa recommendations? Thanks.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM

Rise No. 1, Eatzis, Twisted Root Burger, Patrizios, French Room, Fearing Restaurant, Kenny's Wood Fire Grill, Rex's Seafood, La Duni are some good ones in the D area.

We found an interesting place we hadn't been to a couple of weeks ago-Chocolate Secrets.

Crescent Hotel for spa.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM

My favorite restaurant near to the Cowboys Stadium is Olenjack's Grill. They may provide a bus to the stadium,even though it is not beyond walking distance, for those who eat there on game days. The "lamb lollipops" appetizer, 4 small lamb chops made to order, is a favorite shared appetizer. The food is good and imaginative,but it can get a little noisy when crowded.

A little closer to the Stadium is Birra Poretti's. It is very popular, but my preference for Italian food is Piccolo Mondo. It is a very traditional mostly southern Italian food location.

For steaks, even though it is almost as far away from the Stadium as one can be while staying in Arlington, is Mac's Steaks and Seafood. The food is good, reasonably priced, and the service is very friendly. The unlimited salad option with a meal is a favorite and the bread is worth adding to your doggy bag.

Superb food in an interesting setting is available at Sanford House, a purpose built B&B on Center Street. You must make reservations and can do that with on line services.

There is a very formal, costly, and very good French restaurant across the highway from the stadium, walking distance if only one could go in a straight line. (This is Texas, you have to buy a pickup to drive to the bathroom.) Cacharel is THE special occasion restaurant in Arlington. The wine list, interestingly, includes several good South African whites which are worth trying. You must make reservations for any weekend.

Finally, a favorite of ours for many years is First Chinese Barbecue. This is a rarity in Texas, a Chinese restaurant that is not a buffet only location. The barbecued pork with crispy noodles is our regular meal there, but my sister in law thinks the garlic chicken is the best she ever had.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Will you have a car? If not, you're daft - this is a car culture.

Where are you staying?

How far are you willing to drive?

What kind of food do you like? Dallas has more restaurants per capita than NYC (and I'm guessing you're coming from the NYC area to watch the Super Bowl Champions play the local intramural squad).

Check out the Guy Fieri places - he's been to a few in Arlington, FW and Dallas.

Of these mentioned by Spiro:

Rise No. 1 = in Dallas, French (no such thing as inexpensive French)

Eatzi's = in Dallas, NOT a restaurant but a good prepared-food purveyor

Twisted Root Burger = in Dallas, what you'd expect based on the name

Patrizio's = in Dallas, middling Italian food - if you are coming from the NYC area, skip ALL Italian in Dallas

French Room = in Dallas, fairly expensive

Fearing's = in Dallas, quite expensive

Kenny's Wood Fire Grill = in Addison, not close to Arlington

Rex's Seafood = in Dallas (sensing a theme yet?)

La Duni = in Dallas, furthest of the list from Arlington

As for spas - there are tons, especially considering the number of quality hotels in Dallas alone (W, Four Seasons, The Crescent, The Mansion, etc.). Go googling.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Eatzi's is somewhat a deli, somewhat a takeout, and somewhat grocery store. It is listed on yelp, tripadvisor, etc as a restaurant and I have sat down and had several meals both inside and outside, to it is a restaurant in my book. Kinda like Whole Foods on steroids, might be a good way of thinking of it. I would imagine that 80% of their business is take home.

Rise No 1 is pretty much a Souffle Place, with other items too

Sorry, I didn't see Arlington anywhere in your post, but now see it in the Title.

I tried to include a variety on my suggestions and price ranges.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM

if you haven't ever eaten at Pappadeux's or Pappasito's, you might give those a try. They are a chain in Texas, but don't have to much of a chain feel to them. Pappadeux's is cajun/fish. Pappasito's is mexican/southwest.

There is a Twisted Root Burger 1 mile from the stadium. I haven't eaten at that location, but I would imagine it is similar to the original in Dallas.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM

There is a Pappasito and Pappadeaux in Arlington a mile or so from the Stadium.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your responses. We are coming from the Toronto area. The Cowboys have been my husband's team since he was in high school. He just turned 50 and tickets to the see the Cowboys were my gift to him. We will have a car and it sounds like you need one! Thanks again!
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM

Weather can be real iffy in a couple of weeks. It could be 85 or it could be 35.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

It sounds like I'll need to keep an eye on the weather since it sounds iffy. At least it will be warmer than Toronto! Thanks!
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Cowboys Stadium is amazing, and part of what makes it amazing is the world-class art collection. Even if you're not
that interested in art, be sure to take note of the various pieces that you pass by. They're all over--entrances, snack bars, escalators--everywhere. http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/art_gallery1.cfm
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM

Thank you maryanntex! Texas is an amazing state for art.