Arizona Itinerary for seniors this winter

Oct 4th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Arizona Itinerary for seniors this winter

Hi,

Thanks for good advice so far. Looking to spend about 2 weeks visiting Phoenix, Tucson and Sedona late February to enjoy the scenery and outdoor activities (tours, walks, etc.). We are an active senior couple, with no need for golf nor tennis. Based on Forum feedback, it might look like Phoenix (5 nights), Tucson (6 nights) and Sedona (5 nights), in that order so we "relax" ilast in Sedona at the end of our travels. But with the scheduled Sedona Film Festival, I think we would be better off avoiding those crowds and doing Phoenix, Sedona and then Tucson. Opinions on that order of visits?

Also, are our days in each appropriate?? Too long in Sedona?... read several posts that say Tuscon is preferable to Phoenix.

Thanks as always.

Spedprof
Oct 4th, 2018, 09:19 AM

We are doing a similar trip in May. I am thinking of doing Phoenix last since we are flying in/out of there.
Oct 5th, 2018, 07:37 AM

Fly into PHX and out of TUS. Your time seems well organized. Sedona will be much cooler than Phoenix or Tucson so be prepared. It may snow there but so beautiful with red rocks, blue skies, green pine trees and a blanket of snow. Not deep, won’t last long if it happens but pack warmer clothes in case.
Oct 5th, 2018, 07:04 PM

Having lived many years in both Phoenix and Tucson, I agree with your choices of both those cities, especially the time of year that you will be visiting. My only comment would be that as an active senior, i think you will be bored with Sedona after 2-3 days to say nothing of the bumper to bumper traffic on the only road through the center of a very small town. If you decide to fly in and out of different cities, consider the possible higher costs for rental car drop off and flight out of Tucson.
Oct 5th, 2018, 07:21 PM

Use one of your days in Sedona to visit the Grand Canyon.