area 51 tours

Old Sep 1st, 2003, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
area 51 tours

My son and I would like to take a tour of area 51 (UFO's). Has anyone taken one and are they worthwhile?
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 09:32 AM

AFAIK, the military compound known as 'Area 51' is not open to tourists.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

I realize that but there are commercial tours that drive you out to the area and show you things.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:16 AM

If you do a search on Google.....
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:50 AM

We tried this, it didn't happen. We went to Roswell NM they have a UFO museum, and are really into the UFO history of their area. We ate alien tacos and even the WalMart welcomes aliens! You can also visit White Sands while in that area, but area 51 is carefully guarded and you are not allowed near it.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:19 AM

People go on there own and usually camp out because you can hear all kinds of cool stuff at night (planes overhead). Check out

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/mailbox.html

for some info on how to do it, your son would probably find it wicked cool.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:06 PM

Area51 itself is, as others have pointed out, completely, irrevocably, utterly and totally OFF LIMITS. And they mean business, too.

However, if you look on Google, there are guided tours of the areas surrounding Area51.

Here's an example...

http://www.adventurephototours.com/area51.htm

It's not my bag, and I'm not willing to risk being arrested or worse, but at least being in the general vicinity and hearing all the 'history' might be fun.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:40 PM

When the wife & I visited Rachel,Nev. in July,1996 the only tour of Area 51 you'll ever get is in a body bag. Stick to the stories at the Al-E-Inn & check out the area from afar.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:16 PM

To those who have responded to this thread: Do you believe in UFOs? If so, on what do you base this belief? As a total non-believer, I'm just curious if you are participating in a "camp" adventure for a lark or feel you are doing heartfelt personal research. Catching a glimple of a remote Air Force base through binoculars just doesn't appeal to me as a worthwhile vacation outing.

FWIW, I don't do ghost tours either.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:07 PM

Laugh if you will, but I'm open to the possibility of many things - UFO's, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, ghosts.

Not saying I believe, just not discounting the possibility, either. There's a lot we don't know, ya know.

On the other hand, if those things really DO exist, part of me hopes we never really find out, because it's human nature to EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT. Just my two cents.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:18 PM

I believe in UFO's. I base this belief on the fact that I see Objects, they appear to be Flying, and I can't identify them, thus for me, they are Unidentified. I don't believe in little green creatures on the mother ship giving anal probes if that's what you really mean.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM

I have a right to my opinion and feel the need to express it here. How arrogant are we that we think we are the only one's out here. My question to those who don't believe in UFO's are do you believe in God, Allah or whatever? If so explain the difference, you cannot see either but there is evidence of both? People once believed the Earth was flat, and that the moon was made of green cheese,too. (wouldn't that be moldy cheese?)Please don't tell me cheese is mold so it can't mold, just look in my son'd fridge!
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:21 PM

I'm not sure about UFOs - was a big believer when I was a kid but am sort of agnostic now.

But ghosts are an entirely different matter - just live for a while in a 350 year old cottage in a tiny village in the UK and you will come away totally believing in ghosts. I know I did . . . .
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:23 AM

I believe in ghosts also and have seen a few, I think. Recently was this past weekend, working the night shift, alone, in the bowels of the old prison, in the medical dept, I kept seeing something white out of the corner of my eye. But no one else there. I asked the next morning. Place was a mental hospital in the 1930's and has 2 resident ghosts. I saw the man in the white hospital gown who had hung himself in the room I was in, lovely. Pulled another night shift last night, was not alone had a breathing co-worker with me and no spooky action. But looking forward to Sunday HS!!! I'll be alone again!!
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 08:11 PM

It seems to me that UFOs are a little like ghosts - if you see one you are forever a believer. If you don't see any, you're never sure.

My father, brother, a neighbor and his son saw a UFO over Reston, VA in 1974 and are complete believers. I saw a see-through ghost with clothes, hair and everything (she walked through a door into the room of the farmhouse I was at) near Charlottesville, VA in 1979 and am a complete believer.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 01:52 AM

I've never seen or experienced anything 'supernatural', with one exception:

In '96 in the middle of the night, I saw a strange light moving over a farm here in northern England. Later I described it to my husband, who suggested that it might be an ultralite (there are quite a few of them in this area) making a night landing. I thought that was a bizarre idea, but who knows.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 02:34 AM
Intrepid

I've actually been inside "Area 51" on several occasions, and not as a "tourist." All I can legally say is that there is certainly nothing that is "unidentified" (at least in the UFO sense) within the facility. Save your time and money, especially in these almost "neo-Nazi" days we are currently enduring.

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 03:14 AM

We just had my inlaws and a family friend visiting here from the States, and we did see a crop circle a few miles from our house here in England. Our friend was immensely excited to see the crop circle. Later that night we found an aerial pic someone had taken of that crop circle and posted on the internet.

Here's the crop circle we saw:

http://cropcircleconnector.com/2003/...rows2003a.html

It was cool to see what the whole pattern looked like from above. But it didn't give me any supernatural vibes or anything like that.

But speaking of the world of the weird and unexplained....

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATIO...eut/index.html