Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at the Shangri-La Resort in NE Oklahoma?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:51 PM
mona

Hi - I'm wondering about this resort in Oklahoma. Anyone stayed there, and what are your comments?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Paige

I have stayed there a few times in the spring for conventions. There are two golf courses, which is the main attraction other than the lake. Will you have a boat? There are rooms in the high rise towers and in the older lodge. Just regular hotel rooms. We live in Okla. and have several friends that have boats and homes on Grand Lake. It is a beautiful lake. Let me know if you have other specific questions and I'll try to help.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:01 PM
mona

Thanks - just wondering if it would be a nice place for a weekend getaway with or without the kids. We don't have a boat, but we'd probably rent a jetski. Is there a swimming beach? Are there enough activities to keep kids busy?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:21 PM
cl9

Grand lake is a lovely area. I have friends that honeymooned at Shangi-la. I'm not sure about what to do without a boat, but I'm sure you could entertain yourself walking around and what not for a weekend. There are paddleboats (I think I'm thinking of the right lake) you can rent and canoeing just south of there.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 06:52 PM
ttt

To the top

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Paige

Shangri-La does have a swimming beach and a pool. Renting jet skis would probably keep everyone entertained for an afternoon. I really can't think of any other kids activities available there.