Anyone stayed at the Junipine Resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still looking for a room in the Sedona area. The Junipine Resort are a lot cheaper on their two bedroom rooms then anyone else. Can anyone tell me anything about this resort?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:12 PM
emd

I have stayed there many times, from 4 days to 2 wks and in between. Lovely resort about 15 min. up 89A from the "Y" intersection in Sedona into Oak Creek Canyon. Very quiet, peaceful place. They call them "creek houses" but they are really like townhouses, up against each other, but the way they are situated (staggered) you don't feel that anyone else is around. They are nice two bedroom units, most have two fireplaces, one big stone one in the family room and one kiva corner fireplace in the master bedroom. MBR is on main floor w/attached full bath and long vanity; also full kitchen but smallish, two people can fit in there but that is it, w/microwave, oven, sink, full fridge, counters; second floor has a second bedroom and 2nd full bath. All have decks off family room and some have second deck off of MBR, and some have hot tub outside on deck. Some are closer to the creek than others. GREAT star viewing as Junipine is away from the ambient light of Sedona. Junipine has a "Grill" that is open seasonally for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and is very reasonable and good - try the fresh trout that they catch in the creek by the resort. Which brings me to another great thing- the creek that runs thru the resort is stocked w/trout in spring and you can catch trout w/corn kernals on your line, just drop the line in. It is a lot of fun to play in the creek if you are there in summer - take water shoes, you'll need them. Also there is access to a good switchback trail right from the resort, and the famous West Fork trail is a half mile away.

One drawback: NO AIR CONDITIONING IN SUMMER!

any further questions?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

No AC, yikes! Know of anything comparable?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM

My Phoenix high school group and I stay there every year.....we are a group of 17 67ish females. This year four of us drove around and looked at numerous places because we thought we could do a whole lot better, but in the end decided it was just right for our groups.....they are time-shares, I'm sure, so each one is a bit different in furnishings, but most are the same in floor plan. Small kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, two baths, loft, porch overlooking the river(at least some of them are).....the reason I wanted to move is there is really no view, it is located within Oak Creek Canyon and I love a view of the Sedona redrocks......My husband and our visitors always stay at The Orchards, nice enough and great views. Junipine is fine for our group because we have four in an apt. and we bring our own food as we don't want to drive in the dark to Sedona and the Junipine restaurant is not that great, not bad, but not to our standards. In my opinion, it is too far to drive back and forth to Sedona, but if you do whatever it is that you want to do, get back to Junipine and stay there.....you might just wait till you get to the Sedona area and look around, there are loads of places to stay.....there is another really nice B&B not far from Junipine, can't recall the name, but it was nice, but again, no views.....there is another nice B&B alongside the road into Sedona, next to the shopping area, Tlaquepacque, but can't recall the name....there is absolutely nothing wrong with Junipine IF it fits what you want.......give me a bit more info. and I'll try again.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Not looking for anything fancy since we will be out all day. Want a nice, clean, two bedroom that is in the Oak Creek Canyon/Sedona area.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
emd

I understand your assumption, but Junipine is NOT time shares. Each unit is individually owned; managed by a mangaement co. I know, because a friend of mine owns two units there and is on the board of owners.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:33 PM

emd, sorry, that's what I meant, that they are individually owned and misspoke saying "timeshares"...oops!!! and , flit, Junipine just might fit the bill for you.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
emd

There are other two bedrooms places. Hyatt Pinon point has two bedroom places I believe. And Best Western Arroyo Roble has a nice two bedroom unit w/great views- call there NOW and inquire as it gets booked.

How long are you staying? IF a week, there are many house/bunglaow rentals w/two bedrooms. We rent houses now when we go for a week.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM
emd

and desertduds, I am with you- as much as I like Junipine, I no longer stay there as I always end up driving into and out of Sedone so much, and the 15 min. drive gets old (and I don't like it at night, so winding). Now we stay in west Sedona or in Village of Oak Creek - both also more remote than uptown but closer to hiking, dining, etc.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks I will look those two places up. Have already tried the house route and have not been able to find any available, still waiting to hear back from one owner but not looking good. Will be there Easter weekend and the following week so I think that is the main problem.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:55 PM
emd

oooo, that's tough - trying to book for that time now. Better get something quick. That's the best time of year there.

Did you try the large realtors who have lots of rental inventory, like Foothills?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM
emd

http://www.foothillsrentals.com/

large inventory of 2 bedroom homes....