Reload this Page >

ANYONE STAYED AT MILFORD HOTEL IN NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 08:51 AM
Michael

Any comments are appreciated. First trip to NYC. Also suggestions on restaurant for Thanksgiving Day.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 09:30 AM
Patrick

We had friends from UK who were booked there for a week last year by the travel agent. They hated the place, hated their room, and hated the staff. They tried to move to another hotel, but because it was a prepaid, voucher deal they couldn't get out of it. I used to understand people staying there just because it was a bargain and the location is so great for theatre, but when I brought up the lowest price offered as $349. during the second week in December, I really got confused. All I have ever heard positive is that it is a good location and the rooms are generally pretty clean. I suppose if you don't care too much about the room and you get a great package price then it might be OK.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:29 AM
Bruce

It's probably one of the five worst hotels in America. Please steer clear of it!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:32 AM
John

I've never stayed there but I trust Zagat's guides when I do visit other cities. Zagat's gives the Milford Plaza the lowest scores in New York and perhaps the nation. "Threadbare" rooms and "befuddled service" are mentioned. It is cheap, though, so if you're looking for a bargain place to sleep it may fit the bill.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:35 AM
livebyjfk

Michael:
The Milford used to be the "lulla-buy"
of Broadway. Now it is the BYE-BYE! Nothing has been done to upgrade the place since it opened some twenty years ago! Great location? Maybe....but I wouldn't stay there if I were you!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:36 AM
Michael

I want a clean room close to Macy's Parade and Theater District. I don't plan to spend much time in my room, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on the room. Is the Milford in a good location for what I have planned?

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:40 AM
Michael

Sounds like I should be searching for another hotel - any suggestions?

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 10:47 AM
livebyjfk

Michael:
Hoteldiscounts.com has got some good deals on it, check them out. A good or bad thing depending on how you look at it is that you pay upfront. Keep talking and we''ll give you a hand. Good Luck!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 11:04 AM
Michael

Just found a $149 rate at the Washington Jefferson Hotel. Anybody stayed there?

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 11:08 AM
livebyjfk

Michael:
Yuck, Yuck and Yuck!

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 11:11 AM
Annie

Michael:
You are looking for something centrally located and not too expensive? How about the Hotel Pennsylvania? I'll bring up the thread from someone else.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 10:25 AM
upsy daisy

For Ian!

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 10:32 AM
herself

Michael try: http://heraldsquarehotel.com/
The Herald Square Hotel is a Frommer's best buy. Located near Macy's.