Reload this Page >

Anyone Know About Sunterra Resorts Greensprings Plantation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Sipry

My husband and I have a chance to spend one week in early Sept. at the Sunterra Resorts Greensprings Plantation in Williamsburg. We would love any feedback about this resort and also if early Sept. is a good time to visit Williamsburg. Thanks!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Susan

September can still be hot so keep that in mind. But then we've had to wear sweaters in August! Summer clothes with a sweater should be fine. Most of the crowds will be gone. Busch Gardens will still be open for long weekends. Greensprings looks very nice. It is in a more residential area. There is a golf course there and some open natural areas.It is off of Rt. 5. You will be 10 minutes from the tourist areas. There are several restaurants nearby that the locals frequent.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Sipry

I have checked American Airlines (will be using mileage) and find that we would have to fly into Norfolk - is that a long drive from there to Williamsburg? I'm very "map challenged"! Sipry

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Susan

No Norfolk isn't very far, 45-60 minutes. There can be traffic, though, at the tunnel on 64 that leads to Williamsburg. You want to avoid it at rush hour or good beach days on weekends in the morning or evening. If you get in early you may want to take some time to see Norfolk.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:20 PM
cheryl

we stayed at a two bedroom suite with a hottub for a family vacation. it was nicely furnished, clean, and there were lots of on site activities to compliment your visit. we were at the powahatan plantation and got a great rate on line. Lots more room than a hotel and could cook in or eat out to help save $$.