Reload this Page >

Summer Vacation to Muskoka Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Bob

We plan to vacation in the Muskoka Area north of Toronto next summer. I hear that Gravenhurst is a nice area. Did I hear right? We look to golf, fish and do the usual family fun activities. Any reports on the area would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Ariel

Bob - not sure about Gravehurst in particular, but the Muskoka area is very nice - bad traffic back and forth on Fri night & Sun night (try to avoid those drive times). Anyway - I have found this website to be very helpful:<BR><BR>http://www.resorts-ontario.com/search.cfm<BR><BR>Scroll down to the bottom and click the down arrow on location, you can then select Muskoka as an area and get a long list of resorts in the area (narrow by selecting the type of resort/facilities you prefer.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Karen

Hi Bob: The Muskokas is a great summer vacation spot. Bracebridge, Gravenhurst and Huntsville are the hub towns in the area. Deerhurst, Grandview and Muskoka Sands are the top resorts, pricey though. There are alot of smaller family run resorts. Ariel mentioned a great site for you to use. Another nice family resort is Fern Resort in Orillia right on Lake Couchiching. For fishing ,canoeing try Algonquin park also just past Huntsville. Very good advise about trying to avoid the north bound traffic on Fridays and South bound traffic on Sundays. If you have any specific questions just post again. Karen

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 01:35 PM
ricardamundo

Bob,<BR><BR>Muskoka is a great area for what you are looking to do. Some outstanding golf courses but they can be a little pricey. We've gone there the past two summers and stay close to Algonquin Park but the whole area is beautiful. One important thing though ... book early or else everything will be taken. Last year we booked just after Christmas for two weeks in August and we were none too early at that.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 10:53 AM
JK

I love a place in Muskoka called Patterson-Kaye Lodge. It's got all the fun things to do, is very family oriented,the staff are great, the food is wonderful and is kept up beautifully. I went there as a child and finally went back there this past summer with my own kids. We all loved it and will go back again!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 11:01 AM
laura

Try the &quot;Clevelands House&quot; ---beautiful resort area near Port Carling....great shopping, nice town for restaurants, boating, swimming etc.....Bala is a great town about 15 min away.....<BR><BR>YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS CHOICE.